cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming calls go straight to voicemail.

Neetle
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin
Hey, I've been on Public Mobile for ~4 months and I've been having this issue every now and then.

When someone calls me, sometimes there is no ring at all and it goes straight to my voicemail. I've seen a couple others on the forums have this issue but it seems like there's no posted solution.

It's pretty annoying since people think I turned my phone off. Data, text, outgoing calls are working fine.

Did anyone manage to figure this out yet? Thanks!
5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Neetle a few questions:

1) this one isn't meant to sound condescending: do you reboot your phone fairly regularly?  You'd be suprised how many issues like this can be avoided by rebooting every few days or at least once a week.  I highly recommend starting that routine if you don't already.  

2) What phone are you using?  And what version of Android or iOS?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Neetle

@TheOldVR Do you have a link to that thread? I did a search but I can only find threads on where people have just ported their number over and it's incomplete. I've been having this problem for about 4 months.

If it's the case that you need 4-5 bars to get a call through then that's a problem, because I'm at 3 or less bars most of the time. And I actually haven't ever had this issue and have been with 3 different carriers over the past 15 years.

Neetle

Yeah, I triple checked my settings and they seem to be fine. Did a reset of my phone too. I even favorited contacts that call me, but they still can't get through sometimes.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Neetle There was a similar topic just recently with a whole bunch of good tips about testing another phone, checking your signal strength, your location, and other possibilties...

I experience the same thing whenever I'm three bars or less regardless of phone or carrier.

ech_786
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Never had this issue but did you look if your cell phone is not set to "Do Not Disturb" mode.

Also, just one restart and then see if you have the same problem.

Good luck 

Need Help? Let's chat.