cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming call counts into minutes

steven
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi there,

I switched to the $15 plan on Feb 25, 2021, and my understanding is all incoming calls are unlimited. I found out that incoming calls are being counted into my total 100 minutes allowance and wondering if that is normal?

Thank you!

29 REPLIES 29

@DarianDNewell wrote:

You may want to try getting a long distances friend to give you a call too to see if it goes up.

it won't. Incoming calls are included.It's not long distance for someone to answer a call.

DarianDNewell

You may want to try getting a long distances friend to give you a call too to see if it goes up.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steven : Good. It's the front counter that matters. Think of the usage details as simply the log of all your account activity.

steven

@Anonymous So my test call showed up in the Usage History and my minute count did not go up. So I am assuming it is fixed but will check again tomorrow morning just to make sure.

steven

@Anonymous Thought about that but never got a chance to.

I just made a call from my work cell to my number and waiting for the number to be refreshed lol

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steven : Since the reset, have you done a test with an incoming call and refresh the overview  page to see if the counter incremented?

steven

@popping As of my this reply, no, the plan details do not mention anything regarding incoming calls.

My Plan
  • This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Province-Wide Talk
  • - 250MB at 3G Speed
  • - Unlimited International Text

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@steven wrote:

A quick update on this issue:

Mod team responded by resetting my minutes and asked me to report back if I see incoming calls are being counted again. I will definitely keep my eyes on it.

Thanks for the update.  

Is your plan details showing the unlimited incoming minutes?

steven

A quick update on this issue:

Mod team responded by resetting my minutes and asked me to report back if I see incoming calls are being counted again. I will definitely keep my eyes on it.

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes @LurganIeUk . I have said it time and again that the wording around here is inconsistent. Ambiguous. Unclear. Contradictory. Old news.

I'm not sure how people get promoted out of here really.

Maybe they just call it a "promotion" ...  you know, for the cake & small-talk in the staff room.

🤔

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes @LurganIeUk . I have said it time and again that the wording around here is inconsistent. Ambiguous. Unclear. Contradictory. Old news.

I'm not sure how people get promoted out of here really.

@Anonymous wrote:

I still see them both.

Changeplanspage.jpg

Planspage.jpg

This is a perfect example as per my response to the need/not need an APP for PM. Perfect example of non matching wording when the script is in 2 or more places. Would be good if they clearly said unlimited "incoming calls" from any destination and 100 minutes of "outgoing calls" province wide 

I want the job!!!

@steven 

That is extremely odd, thanks for confirming...  for the heck of it, text someone to call you for 10 or 20 seconds to see if it goes up to 79.

Don't worry, the Moderators will likely revert it back to 0 / 100 for you, as well they should if incoming calls are counting.

steven

@HALIMACS The 78/100 minutes I got is from the self-serve counter, exactly the same place that you took the screenshot.

@steven 

This may go without saying, but I'm assuming you're referring to the self-serve counter and not a counter on your device?

You're looking here, correct?

HALIMACS_0-1614638919516.png

Other reason I ask, is the usage history screen will display minutes for every call for record keeping purposes,  but it's only the outgoing calls you make that count toward your minute allotment showing above. 

steven

@kselmak Yeah, I did consider the roundup. It is very easy for me to tell as I am only 7 days into the new plan, and only made a few minutes of outgoing calls. However, I took a long incoming call today, and now my account showing I used 78/100 minutes lol.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

@steven 

If you switched this year it should not happen, it's not normal

Did you account for rounding up (1m1s is 2m)

If you still get ali the incoming and outgoing against your 100mins please contact moderators by sending private message to Moderator_Team

@steven 

You've done your homework.

You're good to go with the Moderators!!! 

It is very unusual - i've got a family user on the $15 plan and incoming DOES NOT count toward their minutes.

popping

@Anonymous 

You are correct.  I did not going further down on the plan page to see the province-wide plans.  I stop at the Add-on box. Learn another thing today.

steven

@popping @Anonymous I submitted a ticket and will let the community know how it was handled.

Ticket reference number: 6186-15.
Time submitted: 2021-03-01 4:28 PM

Also attaching a screenshot as a reference.

2021-03-01 164154.png

2021-03-01 163136.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

I still see them both.

Changeplanspage.jpg

Planspage.jpg

popping

Interesting...

The $15 plan is no longer offered on the PM plan page for new activation.

But the current subscribers change plan is still showing the $15 plan with unlimited incoming minutes.

@steven 

Create a support ticket to ask moderator look into your situation.

Make a screen shot ASAP as your proof of the unlimited incoming minutes.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steven : Yup. It says so on the plans page and on the change plans in the self-serve. Always know that the front page overview counter is the one that matters. It's also almost immediate. The usage details just log everything in and out of the phone and could be delayed and so not very useful in my opinion.

steven

@HALIMACS @Dunkman Thank you both, I did check and confirmed that my incoming calls were counted.

@Anonymous I was sure that when I scheduled that plan change a few days ago, it says unlimited incoming on the webpage. But the plan detail does not reflect that so it is very confusing. I'll reach out to a mod for help. Thanks a lot for the info!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@steven : You might be one of the early adopters. This was the same description with the first $15 plan (Canada-wide). Then they changed it and added the description saying unlimited incoming. Now this new one doesn't seem to say unlimited incoming. It should be.

steven

Thank you @popping , I know they have an old plan that is without unlimited incoming calls, the confusing part is, my switch happened a few days ago (Feb 25, 2021), the old plan was retired long before that, and I should not even be able to switch to that old plan a few days ago so I must be on the new $15 plan, is my understanding correct?

I don't see unlimited incoming minutes on my plan details page, so it is a glitch?

• This plan includes: -
  • - 100 Minutes Province-Wide Talk
  • - 250MB at 3G Speed

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@steven 

The $15 plan should be unlimited incoming calls.  Did you check your usage history to compare to your talk minute counter in the Add on section in your overview page in self service account.  

Talk is counted by the minute, not seconds.  Checking voice mail and call forwarding is including in outgoing minutes.  

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

The limited minutes do not count toward your incoming calls.

To be sure of this - - check the number of minutes showing under your data and add-ons section in Self Serve - have someone call you and talk for a minute or two and then check to see if that number has lowered by anything. 

popping

@steven wrote:

Hi there,

I switched to the $15 plan on Feb 25, 2021, and my understanding is all incoming calls are unlimited. I found out that incoming calls are being counted into my total 100 minutes allowance and wondering if that is normal?

Thank you!

What is your plan details?

You may have the old version of the $15 plan without the unlimited incoming.

My $15 plan details

• - 100 Minutes Canada-Wide Talk + Unlimited Incoming Minutes
  • - 250 MB at 3G speed
Need Help? Let's chat.