cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Texts

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I just came back to Canada the other day from USA and had the 10 day roaming plan.  I can send texts but cannot receive them, anything I need to change in my phone? 

12 REPLIES 12

@Luddite wrote:

@dabr It's not upon return from USA but 24 hours after the add-on expires.

@Luddite  Thanks for that clarification!

@dabr It's not upon return from USA but 24 hours after the add-on expires.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

@dmbcanada wrote:

Will try the above solutions, been back since Wednesday and did not notice.   Can receive and make calls and send texts.   Did receive texts from PM in regards to roaming plan ending.

@dmbcanada  If you have been back since Wednesday, then your texts should be working properly now.  Rebooting the phone never hurts either though.

Edit:  @dmbcanada  Sorry about any confusion.  You may need to contact the moderators if your roaming only ended today.  They may be able to get your texts working before the 24 hour interval is up, but you may also not get a reply/resolution before the 24 hours are up and your texting is back to normal too:)

dmbcanada
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

Will try the above solutions, been back since Wednesday and did not notice.   Can receive and make calls and send texts.   Did receive texts from PM in regards to roaming plan ending.

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

@srlawren  Does this glitch, after roaming and returning from the US, also occur with either Telus or Koodo customers, or is it just in PM's system?

@dabr I'm not 100% sure.  Koodo's pre-paid accounts operate on the same back-end as Public Mobile, so may well have the same issue.  I don't believe it affects the post-paid Koodo or Telus accounts, both of which use a different system entirely and use per-day roaming.  I'm not sure about Telus pre-paid but believe it's not shared back-end with Koodo prepaid and PM.

@srlawrenYes thanks, I can see that the post paid and prepaid models would be affected differently. 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Jb456 wrote:

@srlawren thank you for confirming it's good to know.. however I recall a few weeks back one thread the person had this issue and they did those things to get it to work again (can't find the thread unfortunately) but  I do remember a few posters asking OP how exactly he got it to work again. 

@Jb456 correlation does not imply causation.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@dabr wrote:

@srlawren  Does this glitch, after roaming and returning from the US, also occur with either Telus or Koodo customers, or is it just in PM's system?

@dabr I'm not 100% sure.  Koodo's pre-paid accounts operate on the same back-end as Public Mobile, so may well have the same issue.  I don't believe it affects the post-paid Koodo or Telus accounts, both of which use a different system entirely and use per-day roaming.  I'm not sure about Telus pre-paid but believe it's not shared back-end with Koodo prepaid and PM.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren thank you for confirming it's good to know.. however I recall a few weeks back one thread the person had this issue and they did those things to get it to work again (can't find the thread unfortunately) but  I do remember a few posters asking OP how exactly he got it to work again. 

@srlawren wrote:

@Jb456 wrote:

Common bug. It usually corrects in in 24 hours..

Try these though..pull sim out turn off phone for 10 min.. put sim back in reboot.

Or put on airplane mode for 10 min then reboot.

@Jb456 these will not help--the problem is at the Telus end, not the phone end.

srlawren

@Jb456 wrote:

Try these though..pull sim out turn off phone for 10 min.. put sim back in reboot.

@Jb456 these will not help--the problem is at the Telus end, not the phone end.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@dmbcanada wrote:

I just came back to Canada the other day from USA and had the 10 day roaming plan.  I can send texts but cannot receive them, anything I need to change in my phone? 

That's a known glitch in PM's system after using a roaming in the US.  It will clear itself up within a few hours, possibly upto 24 hours.

Need Help? Let's chat.