cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incoming Call charges

noelcurrie
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I have searched the website for a specific PUBLIC statement that incoming international calls are FREE!  Unable to find a simple answer to what must be such a common question. Some replies to posts say that such calls are free, but I don't see any such 'official' answer.

9 REPLIES 9

@darlicious  yes thanks, that is correct 👍

@gpixel 

Not all things are outdated....nor is the statement you are referring to.......

@esjliv 

Although all currently offered plans have unlimited incoming minutes there are customers than have older grandfathered plans that have different features thus the different service terms on the site. The $10 50/50 plan has 50 outgoing texts and 50 incoming or outgoing minutes. So without a calling minutes add on you could run out of minutes mid call and drop your call.

@esjliv the problem with the website is, everything is outdated. this was coming from the province wide plans terms and then carried over to the Canada wide

@gpixel wrote:

@noelcurrie I found it! it's in the help articles 

When in Canada and while you still have remaining plan minutes, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you have a Long Distance Add-On.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/province-wide-talk-and-long-distance-add-ons

Ah-Ha nice @gpixel ! 🙂

"When in Canada and while you still have remaining plan minutes, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you have a Long Distance Add-On."

Although, I do not think I realized incoming calls would not work once you run out of your plan minutes? .... I know now! 

? - If the plan minutes were used up, what happens to a call being made to your phone in this instance, I wonder?

*Edit - this does seem to conflict with the service terms wording though, does it not?*

Good digging @gpixel it would be nice if there was a link on the plans this would affect....just sayin'

@noelcurrie I found it! it's in the help articles 

When in Canada and while you still have remaining plan minutes, you can receive calls from anywhere in the world, regardless of whether you have a Long Distance Add-On.

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/province-wide-talk-and-long-distance-add-ons

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

Hi @noelcurrie ,

I do not disagree with you on this. If it is on the website posted somewhere, I have not seen it either.

In fact, the section at the bottom of Page 3 of 6 of the Service Terms would lead me to believe that both outgoing and incoming are charged:

"Charges for voice calls are based on the airtime used when you make and receive calls on your mobile phone"

Even though I know this is not the case, and all incoming/received calls (while in Canada) are free (not deducted from your plan minutes); I can see how this would be helpful to make more clear to customers.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@noelcurrie 

The caller always pay for the long distance charge.  All current PM plans have unlimited minutes or unlimited incoming minutes.  As long as you have minutes on your plan, you phone will ring.  PM plans are prepaid plan and there is no pay-per-use charge from PM.  

If you phone rings, answer your call and there is no extra charge.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@noelcurrie wrote:

I have searched the website for a specific PUBLIC statement that incoming international calls are FREE!  Unable to find a simple answer to what must be such a common question. Some replies to posts say that such calls are free, but I don't see any such 'official' answer.

You won't be charged for any incoming calls from anywhere on the planet....while you're in Canada.  Callers can't make collect calls to your PM number.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

Calls anywhere in the world that are incoming are free in Canada. The person calling you may pay a fee (depending on their plan) but yours will be free.

If you're thinking of joining there is a flash sale this weekend. Activate a sim (pick one up at Walmart) and your second 30 day plan is free.

Don't forget to use a referral code for a $10 signup bonus.

Need Help? Let's chat.