Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inaccurate calculation of minutes

4aklynka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to deal with inaccurate calculation of minutes by public mobile

To every call is added about 20 extra seconds that simply were not there

For example, I had an outgoing call and I hang up at 1 minute 43 sec. If I go to my usage I see this call to surprisingly appear as 2 minutes 2 seconds. Which means I'm charged for 3 minutes instead of 2. That's unfair and unprofessional cheating

13 REPLIES 13

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

@srlawren thank you for your opinion 

@RossN any time

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@srlawren wrote:

@RossN wrote:

@4aklynkahi if you don't agree with the total contact a moderator click on the ? Bottom right corner ask to speak to a human this will help generate a ticket response time is 2 to 48 hours check for a reply top right corner in the envelope

@RossN @4aklynka there is no need to contact the moderator team.  The behaviour noted is correct as per how Public Mobile calculates your airtime, so there is nothing they can do to help.

@srlawren thank you for your opinion 

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@RossN wrote:

@4aklynkahi if you don't agree with the total contact a moderator click on the ? Bottom right corner ask to speak to a human this will help generate a ticket response time is 2 to 48 hours check for a reply top right corner in the envelope

@RossN @4aklynka there is no need to contact the moderator team.  The behaviour noted is correct as per how Public Mobile calculates your airtime, so there is nothing they can do to help.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Per Service Terms:

How Public Mobile services are charged
How are voice and data usage calculated?
Voice calls
Charges for voice calls are based on the airtime used when you make and receive calls on your mobile phone. Voice airtime is calculated, for both incoming and outgoing calls, from the time the call is initiated to the time it is disconnected, including the time used to route the call through the network and any ring time. The airtime for each voice call is rounded up to the nearest minute.

@kselmak  Lol 😂  I'm assuming you meant to type diallers?  Probably typing on your phone?

Edit: @4aklynka   All calls are rounded up to full minutes as already mentioned by @gblackma

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

So I played with couple of different diapers and this is what I found out, they all record it differently, one had over 20 secs difference.

Most of them start counting when the rings start. 

I'm sure there is also some that had to pass for the signal to get to the other side. Delay probably depends not only on the network and their equipment but your equipment as well

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

@4aklynka wrote:

When you press ? At the bottom. Robot doesn't connect you to a human moderator

The bot incorporates a ticketing system.  If you need to interact with a moderator team member, you can initiate a ticket and they will get back to you.  Otherwise, there is no call center or live chat.  

4aklynka
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When you press ? At the bottom. Robot doesn't connect you to a human moderator

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@4aklynka 

Hi, as I recall your calling time usually starts at the time it connects, so when you hear ringing on your end, not when the person you are calling picked up.

If anyone knows of this differently please share.

Are you timing from the time it starts ringing or from the time the person picks up?

RossN
Mayor / Maire

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@4aklynka that's correct. Each call is rounded up to the nearest minute and calls to your voicemail from your own phone are counted too. Stay safe. 

@4aklynka wrote:

How to deal with inaccurate calculation of minutes by public mobile

To every call is added about 20 extra seconds that simply were not there

For example, I had an outgoing call and I hang up at 1 minute 43 sec. If I go to my usage I see this call to surprisingly appear as 2 minutes 2 seconds. Which means I'm charged for 3 minutes instead of 2. That's unfair and unprofessional cheating

Ring time counts. The phone's counter will only start after call has been connected.

Need Help? Let's chat.