cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the US, the phone shows ‘No Service ‘

pramod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a $20 add on for talk, text and 250mb data yesterday. I flew in to Fort Lauderdale today but my phone keeps saying ‘No Service ‘. I have restarted the phone and also enabled the roaming but still the same.

5 REPLIES 5

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@pramod wrote:

Thanks. I had to manually select the network as at&t and then it worked 

@pramod glad you got it working.  Some phones seem to require this, while others just pick up the roaming carriers automatically, not sure why!  Enjoy your vacation.  🙂

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

pramod
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thanks. I had to manually select the network as at&t and then it worked 

Dunkgirl
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@pramodLog into your account and see if the funds are available, or if the funds were used to purchase the add-on. If the funds are gone make sure the add-on is listed as active in the account add-on section. Remove your sim card. Re-insert your sim card. Then go to network settings and do a manual network search you should find either att or tmobile or both, connect to one of those and make sure your phone is set to lte preferred if you have the option.

cin7
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle
@pramod

Did you do the two steps?

1. add money to your account.

2. buy add-on

If your Available Funds shows the amount in step 1 then you didn't do step 2.

Then also restart your phone. Turn on the roaming option in your phone. Find T-Mobile or AT&T.

If it still doesn't work after following the above steps, send a private message to the Moderator Team.

Good luck!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pramod wrote:

I purchased a $20 add on for talk, text and 250mb data yesterday. I flew in to Fort Lauderdale today but my phone keeps saying ‘No Service ‘. I have restarted the phone and also enabled the roaming but still the same.

Did you scan for and connect to either T-Mobile or AT&T?

Does the add-on show down in the add-ons area or does the value of the add-on still show in your Available Funds?

Need Help? Let's chat.