cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In the States now, cannot buy data add-on

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Asking for a friend

He is in the states now, Ran out of data from the talk/text/data combo so he wants to buy another data only add-on. He gave me the user login info and there is $43 in available funds sitting in the account. Calls and text are working. Data was working but ran out. So the phone seems to be set up correctly. 

When we try to add another add-on there is an error message (some validation jibberish). I have tried another browser, same error. 

Now - he did buy the $30 1GB add-on (by mistake) and that is listed in his account. I am hoping that purchase does not prevent him from buy the US Roaming add-on he needs - and origianlly wanted. 

So the question is, why can't we simply buy a US Roaming Data only add-on? - Funds are in the account

14 REPLIES 14

elaineg
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

The data add-on plan has expired, and we are still getting the same error message. Looks like we will have to wait to get back into Canada to resolve this issue. 

LTE
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

US Roaming - 1 GB Data (10-day) $20 

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous my understanding is you can have multiple data add-ons as long as they are different. Ie you can have both the 250 and 500 mb add-ons but you can't have 250 + 250

Anonymous
Not applicable

@will13am wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

So you're in his self-serve and you cant buy the add-on.

Obviously you can't buy the 250mb one until after it expires or is consumed, but it might be interesting that you can't buy a different value data-only add-on. Maybe it thinks it's the same kind of add-on and therefore not letting you stack it.

And are you dialing the 611 or 855 number or is he dialing it from the states? We'd be interested to know if he can on either from in the states.

And how are texts and calls working when it doesn't look like he has that add-on? Does it show in the lower add-on page?

This is correct, until an add-on expires you can't buy it again.  Normally, a different add-on can be purchased concurrently. 

But would the system think that when you already have a 250mb add-on that you can't stack the 1gb add-on? Or would it think they're different add-ons?

Edit: Nevermind. It looks like offically one can stack the different value data add-ons. I wonder about real-world experience though.

Edit: I edited before I saw mimmo_L's reply. Thanks mimmo_L. I did search and found something official about it. But as we know...real-world can vary. 🙂

@Anonymous wrote:

Obviously you can't buy the 250mb one until after it expires or is consumed, but it might be interesting that you can't buy a different value data-only add-on. Maybe it thinks it's the same kind of add-on and therefore not letting you stack it.

And are you dialing the 611 or 855 number or is he dialing it from the states? We'd be interested to know if he can on either from in the states.

And how are texts and calls working when it doesn't look like he has that add-on? Does it show in the lower add-on page?

This is correct, until an add-on expires you can't buy it again.  Normally, a different add-on can be purchased concurrently. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

smp99

@mimmo

@mimmo wrote:

@smp99@Can they try buying it from the phone  call 18554public basically 611. Or try calling 611.@@

Was discussing this in a different thread(using 611 from USA)

Thanks - tried but no luck - keeps disconnecting or invalid. Both 611 and 1-855-4public

At least his texts and calls are still working

The funds ($43) are indeed loaded. Now go back and select the US Data add-on that you want.

mimmo

@hairbag1 funds are already loaded so it is not a 2 step process

mimmo

@smp99@Can they try buying it from the phone  call 18554public basically 611. Or try calling 611.@

Was discussing this in a different thread(using 611 from USA)

Buying the add-on you want is a 2 step process. First add the funds the go back and buy the actual add-on. Good luck.

smp99

A moderator fix for something like is pretty much a waste when time in the States is limited. By the time they get around to fixing it, he will likely be heading home.

I will just keep try to buy it. Maybe it will resolve itself overnight

smp99

Also tried incognito mode - no luck 

This is the error I get:

ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Validation_7ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Balance_-1ValidateAndUpdateOptions/Provisioning_-1

Screen Shot 2018-11-07 at 9.28.45 PM.png

KMG

Tried incognito mode too?  Might be something only a Moderator can fix.

Need Help? Let's chat.