cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Canada Long Distance Add-Ons question

Amida
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I currently have the add on "400 International Long Distance minutes"

Now I see a new add on "500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes".

Note: the "400 International Long Distance minutes" include calling to Canada, and not just other countries.

If I buy the 500 canada minutes on top of my 400 international mintues add on, when I make a call within canada, will it use up my "500 canada minutes" first or the international mintues?

Again, I have already purchashed the 400 international minutes add on first, in case purchase order affects this matter.

The reason I ask is that I would like to save my international minutes and not wasting them on canadian calls.

Thank you very much

8 REPLIES 8

Lumute

Awesome, thanks guys!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Lumute wrote:

Was this ever confirmed / fixed?

I would assume by now we know well how this works either way, did some searches but could not find anything concrete...

It was fixed by PM a while ago. I reported to the other thread (that PM said it was fixed) the other day that it went to the 500 before it went to the 200 after I ran out of the 50.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Lumute  @It works fine my dad is on 10$,plan and he uses his 50 mi utes then Canada wide. His international mins have not been touched. 

Lumute

Was this ever confirmed / fixed?

I would assume by now we know well how this works either way, did some searches but could not find anything concrete...

Oracles have asked the question what happens, we were told Canada Only will be first, followed by Canada and US, then International, depending on the number dialled.

As stated, subscribers are reporting otherwise.  Until this is confirmed and/or fixed, I would suggest you do not purchase the $5 addon if you have other LD add-ons on your account currently.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Amida wrote:

I currently have the add on "400 International Long Distance minutes"

Now I see a new add on "500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes".

Note: the "400 International Long Distance minutes" include calling to Canada, and not just other countries.

If I buy the 500 canada minutes on top of my 400 international mintues add on, when I make a call within canada, will it use up my "500 canada minutes" first or the international mintues?

Again, I have already purchashed the 400 international minutes add on first, in case purchase order affects this matter.

The reason I ask is that I would like to save my international minutes and not wasting them on canadian calls.

Thank you very much

@AmidaWhat you are asking for is correct it would only make sense to use the 500 minute for Canada calls but unfortunately from reports by other customers doing some testing it appears that the system has a mind of it's own so there is no guarantee that it will use up the 500 minutes first. Smiley Sad

Many have suggested that PM should change the add-ons and offer one for Canada only, one for US only and another for International only but who knows if that will ever become a reality. Hopefully they fix it soon.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Make one or two calls to a CDN number then look to see which Add-on they were chraged to. Good question though.

steff12321
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

It *should* use the 500 Canadian minutes first, assuming you have both added to your account. 

However, I will wait for a more experienced user to answer this as I have not used either of those addons. 

Need Help? Let's chat.