cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If someone from long distance calls me. Do i pay for it?

samgabbay
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Lets Say i have province wide talk, but someone calls me from the US. Do i get charged?

9 REPLIES 9

@xueli wrote:

what if i accidentally answer the call from overseas cause i didn't see properly do i get charge?

It never matters where someone calls you from. 

I wouldn't really say that incoming calls are free because not all plans that have ever existed at Public Mobile include incoming calls. There's still one plan currently sold that doesn't include phone calls at all.

For you, someone calling is the same whether that person calls you from the other side of the world or from the same city that you're in now. It makes no difference.

@xueli wrote:

what if i accidentally answer the call from overseas cause i didn't see properly do i get charge?

All in - bound calls are free, no matter where they originate. The caller will be responsible for the calling charges.

At PM, you'll never be charged later for something that you haven't previously paid for.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

@xueli wrote:

No. Incoming calls are free. Public Mobile is prepaid service. Never overcharges.

@xueli 

xueli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If you have some sort of unlimited calling, incoming calls are no charge to you.

If you are on the 50/50 $10 plan, incoming calls are deducted per minute until that runs out.

You can use the 200 and 400-minute package of LD calling as 'back up' units at the $8 and $15 costs respectively, (both incoming and outgoing)

Nevermind... I see other posts popped up after I started my reply, and before I hit post.

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Adding to what @ShawnC13 said, the OP was asking about INCOMING calls from another country, not OUTGOING calls. So no, he wouldn't be charged.

GC

@lspring wrote:

You would be charged. PM customers have complained that when they make international calls using international minutes, their calls are cut off when international minutes run out even thought canadawide minutes are unlimited.

@lspring, you are replying to a thread that is 3 years old and your answer is incorrect.  Not sure where you have been reading that PM customers have been complaining about this as it is a prepaid service and of course a call would be cutoff once the International long distance minutes are all used up.  Unlimited Canada wide calling has nothing to do with international calling.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

lspring
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You would be charged. PM customers have complained that when they make international calls using international minutes, their calls are cut off when international minutes run out even thought canadawide minutes are unlimited.

deltatux
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@samgabbay wrote:

Lets Say i have province wide talk, but someone calls me from the US. Do i get charged?

@samgabbay, no. Long distance calling is charged to the caller, not the one being called. However, collect calls are charged to the one being called, but they generally would ask if you would like to receive the collect call. Not sure if Public Mobile supports collect call but that's how International calling works. It's generally charged to the caller.

If you want to call out, you must purchase the US or world calling option. Another alternative is to use Google Hangouts, which lets you call any Canadian/US number for free as long as you're in Canada or the States. Hangouts uses your GMail account and WiFi/mobile data to establish the calls.

Hope this helps!

Cheers!

deltatux

Need Help? Let's chat.