cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I was to get an add-on 10 days before my plan expires...

bcfirstbcfirst
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

If I was to get an add-on  or otherwise change my plan 10 days before my plan expires, would the add-on be prorated or? OR would it end up costing me less  per day if I waited until my plan expired before upgrading it? I know that LD minutes roll over but I'm concerned about the other options. Examples of changes might be: if I wanted to add text messaging or switch from provincial to Canada wide long distance. Would downgrading be any different?

4 REPLIES 4

@timmmmeh USA roaming plans are 10 days whether you are using them or not. If your account is suspended the clock keeps ticking. If you renew you plan in the middle of the 10 days, the clock still keeps ticking. 

In summary, USA roaming plans last 10 days no matter what is happening with your account.

Further quirks:

a) you cannot renew a USA roaming plan until the 11th day after its activation

b) a data roaming add-on can run simultaneously with a calling/texting add-on BUT not with any other

c) normal SMS sometimes take 48 hours to return to normal after expiry of a USA text add-on.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

timmmmeh
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

@ShawnC13wrote:

@bcfirstbcfirstwrote:

If I was to get an add-on  or otherwise change my plan 10 days before my plan expires, would the add-on be prorated or? OR would it end up costing me less  per day if I waited until my plan expired before upgrading it? I know that LD minutes roll over but I'm concerned about the other options. Examples of changes might be: if I wanted to add text messaging or switch from provincial to Canada wide long distance. Would downgrading be any different?

The price you see is the price you pay.  There is no pro-rating of addons and no refunds if you choose to downgrade your plan.  Actually if make any change to your main plan during the time it is active you will lose out on whatever is left on that plan and have to pay the price of the new plan.  That is why it is always benneficial to future date your plan changes to your next renewal date so you get the full life of your current plan without wasting any of it.

Tagging onto the end of this one...

For US plans - if you purchased the add-on 6 days before the end of the plan, is it good for the full 10 days - or does it get re-billed with the new plan purchase on day 7?

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@bcfirstbcfirstwrote:

The price you see is the price you pay.  There is no pro-rating of addons and no refunds if you choose to downgrade your plan.  Actually if make any change to your main plan during the time it is active you will lose out on whatever is left on that plan and have to pay the price of the new plan.  That is why it is always benneficial to future date your plan changes to your next renewal date so you get the full life of your current plan without wasting any of it.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

tzliu
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Only add-ons are long-distance and data (roll-over if your account remains active) or US roaming (expiring). 

Text messaging or Canada wide calling is part of your chosen packaging. They are options, not add-ons.  If you change (upgrade or downgrade) prior to your plan expiration, then your old plan is gone and you will start with the new plan and be charged with the fee associated with new plan.  This is a pre-paid service and there is no prorated refund for your old plan.  

Need Help? Let's chat.