cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I switch plans will I loose my add-ons

aosullivan97
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have a bunch of free add-ons that I haven't used and so am thinking about switching to a cheaper plan. Does anyone know if when I switch to a cheaper plan whether or not I will loose these add-ons?

5 REPLIES 5

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@aosullivan97 wrote:

I have a bunch of free add-ons that I haven't used and so am thinking about switching to a cheaper plan. Does anyone know if when I switch to a cheaper plan whether or not I will loose these add-ons?

Hello   @aosullivan97 and  @BasesLoadedWalk ,

Addo-ons:

• Ones you have purchased would move along (stay with you) no matter how many times you change your plan.

• Gifted ones by Public Mobile would stay with you as well (depending on any terms on those, but I would say, yes).

• Promo addons would be the ones I recommend you read terms and conditions on. Officially, the current promo with the 5GB addon IS connected to the plan you activate on. So, as per the Terms and Conditions, if you change your plan the bonus data will expire. 

Go to the current Promo, and scroll down to the very bottom to open up the "Terms and conditions".

Terms and conditions 

* "Limited time offer. Offer available to new customers who submit their email address online, and then activate online using the same email address they submitted on this page by February 8 2021 at 11:59PM ET. Offers are stackable with other promotions.

The one-time credit amount will be equal to the plan activated on and will be automatically applied to eligible rate plans.

Please note the discount will be applied within 30 days of activation.

The 5GB one-time data bonus will be applied to rate plans of $25/month or more. Bonus data will expire if account becomes inactive or the rate plan is changed. Please note that the bonus data will be applied within 30 days of activation. This offer is subject to change without notice."

Perhaps there is a glitch in the system somewhere, and promo addons like this do stay on the account, if you change your plan. But do not be surprised if these ones are gone, if you do a change (as PM has the wording covered on this.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

Yes, I did mention with the exception of roaming addons in my original post.

I had to read it twice too. 🙂

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@matbasm wrote:

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

Plans are kept separate from addons. You will retain your addons until you use them up. With the exception of roaming addons, they don't expire either.

Actually, roaming add-ons (USA) expire 10 days from activation.

Yes, I did mention with the exception of roaming addons in my original post.

matbasm
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BasesLoadedWalk wrote:

Plans are kept separate from addons. You will retain your addons until you use them up. With the exception of roaming addons, they don't expire either.

Actually, roaming add-ons (USA) expire 10 days from activation.

BasesLoadedWalk
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Need Help? Let's chat.