cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I'm not signed up for auto-pay, will their be money withdrawn after 30 days?

afarhan3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi I'm new,

I have the 15$ plan and I didn't setup auto-pay when joining PM. I don't want any form of automatic pay happening, I just want to do it manually every 30 days. I'm confused at the moment because my account mentions $15 due at the end of the due date plus I have 250mb of data (using it rn to make this post). All these suggest that there is some sort of auto-pay applied. $15 shouldn't be due because (assuming it's not on auto-pay) I pay as I go. Also, the $15 plan states that I get 250mb data if I set up auto-pay. All these are reasons I believe that PM will withdraw money automatically at the due date despite clearly not having auto pay on my account.

Can some please tell me when any sort of money is automatically withdrawn from my account?

7 REPLIES 7

To set up AutoPay, sign in to your Self-Serve account, select the ‘Payment’ tab, then ‘Register for AutoPay’. From here, you can sign up for AutoPay or remove the feature, if you no longer want payments to automatically occur. If you would like to change the card that is automatically charged, scroll to the bottom of the ‘Payment’ tab, then select ‘Manage my card’. This will allow you to update or remove your credit or Visa Debit card.

Also under rewards if it is setup then there should be a $2 credit.

afarhan3
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have set up my debit card upon paying for the $15 plan. When doing so I unchecked the autopaya option.

I have set up my debit card upon paying for the $15 plan. When doing so I unchecked the autopay option; however, considering that I currently have data, I believe there is auto-pay applied somewhere in the system.

How do I check if I have auto-pay applied or not?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@afarhan3 , Public Mobile is a prepaid service. If you don't pay first, you get no service.  There's no obligation to pay and if you don't they are not going after you for payment.  If you don't put a payment card into you account and set up auto pay, there's no way for the system to take money from you automatically.  That pretty much allay any concerns of any money automatically taken from you on payment day if you don't want to pay.  Note that non payment results in account suspension and 90 days of suspension yield account deactivation.

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@afarhan3, the data bonus add on should not be available if AutoPay isn’t enabled.  I don’t know if this is actually true or not, as I’ve been on AutoPay since day 1 without an issue.

You can see what happens on your renewal.  If you wish continuous service, you will need apply payment manually prior to your renewal date.  As long as you pay the amount due in full, the system renew, but the data may disappear as the plan suggest AutoPay turned is required to get the data add on bonus..

If you do decide to enable AutoPay, you will receive a $2 credit per 30day renewal.  If you top up prior to the renewal date, the card will not be charged, and you will still receive the credit, and ensure the data will remain.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@afarhan3 

If you don't have autopay toggled on then it simply won't do it.

The amount due is simply telling you what it needs to continue with what you have.

It's not really pay as you go...it's pre-pay...for a 30 or 90 day term.

Only autopay will take any sort of money from a registered card.

bravo_md
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

If you don't sign up for auto pay then NO money will be taken out to pay for your plan.  You pay manually and nothing is autopaid. If there is no credit card on file, then no money can be takern automatically. You just prepay manually, for the next month.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@afarhan3 wrote:

Hi I'm new,

I have the 15$ plan and I didn't setup auto-pay when joining PM. I don't want any form of automatic pay happening, I just want to do it manually every 30 days. I'm confused at the moment because my account mentions $15 due at the end of the due date plus I have 250mb of data (using it rn to make this post). All these suggest that there is some sort of auto-pay applied. $15 shouldn't be due because (assuming it's not on auto-pay) I pay as I go. Also, the $15 plan states that I get 250mb data if I set up auto-pay. All these are reasons I believe that PM will withdraw money automatically at the due date despite clearly not having auto pay on my account.

Can some please tell me when any sort of money is automatically withdrawn from my account?

@afarhan3  When you activated your account did you provide a credit card? How are you planning to fund your account?  Vouchers or credit card on file?

Need Help? Let's chat.