cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

If I change plans do I lose my Refer A Friend discounts?

Dros
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I am going to have to leave my province for work and I am wondering If I change from province wide calling to Canada wide calling if I will lose my $6 a month Refer A Friend Reward?

Thanks,

Dros

5 REPLIES 5

GreatCanadian
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@stonechucker You make some very points, and I should not have assumed his plan was automatically switchable. 

GC

@GreatCanadian, yes, that's what I thought you had done, and I'm not saying you're incorrect.  A current plan that has the Canada wide at the same price (now) as the province wide price is a good switch.

The plan I'm talking about, and there are a few similar in style - the Fall 2016 Promo - has a HUGE discount on 12 GB of data over 90 days brnging what was once a $120/90 day plan (prov calling) to a now 3G 13.5 GB plan at$135, or a 4G 9GB at $165, or 15GB $195 (both Canada Wide).

Dropping data speed, and paying an extra $15 per cycle, or keeping speed and losing data for $45, or gaining data at same 4G speed, for $75.  It's a really tough choice.

GreatCanadian

When @Dros asked about changing from province-wide to canada-wide, I inferred that he is already on one of the current plans. If so, he can make the switch with no issues. But perhaps I inferred incorrectly!

Dros, what plan are you currently on?

GC

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

@Dros, I'm not sure what plan you are on, but if it's one of the Grandfathered (ie no longer available promos), you can not simply change to Canadawide, and keep your deal.

You can change your phone number (if you wish) to a new local number, and use somehting like Google Hangouts to make all your calls out of province, within Canada and the US.  This maybe a great option for you.

What plan do you currently have?

GreatCanadian

Nope. Definitely not! You will not lose your referrals by changing your plan to Canada-wide. I've done it.

Also, if you are on a 3G plan, the cost is the same whether Province wide or Canada wide.

GC

Need Help? Let's chat.