cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTL Long Distance and Canada-Wide Long Distance

ChowtimeApricot
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I'm on the $15 plan. 100 Canada minutes, unlimited texting, 250MB data.

I have the $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US) addon and the 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance  addon.

if I place a call to a canadian number and it lasts 101 minutes, what addon will it use first?

I make international calls so I want to save the internatioal addon for the international calls and use the canadian only minutes for time in canada. I understand that if I make a 601 minute call it will start to eat my international time but I doubt I'll ever make it though that extra 500 canada longdistance.

Thanks!

7 REPLIES 7

iliusfaisal

It should go the 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance first.

Hi popping,

It has been confirmed in the past. I believe it was Alan_K and z10user4 who confirmed it, but I could be wrong about the usernames.

Anyways, it's always good if you can provide a recent update.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@popping wrote:

I hope so.  But we need more data point to be reported by members.

My $15 plan has $5 500 minutes add-on and the 400 mininute international add-on.  I will report back.

When the 500 came out I already had the 200. I used up my 50 and it went to the 200. That was counter to what they claimed. They fixed it. It now goes to the 500 in my case. I haven't tested the 200 to 400 yet as I haven't needed to call the US (or elsewhere) yet. My 200 is close to done though.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous wrote:

@ChowtimeApricot wrote:

I have the $0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 400min INTL Long Distance (incl CA & US) addon and the 500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance  addon.

if I place a call to a canadian number and it lasts 101 minutes, what addon will it use first?

I make international calls so I want to save the internatioal addon for the international calls and use the canadian only minutes for time in canada. I understand that if I make a 601 minute call it will start to eat my international time but I doubt I'll ever make it though that extra 500 canada longdistance.

Thanks!

It will go to the 500 first.

I hope so.  But we need more data point to be reported by members.

My $15 plan has $5 500 minutes add-on and the 400 mininute international add-on.  I will report back.

Update: Off-topic

I have both free 1GB add-ons. I used some data from the first free data add-on.  I was expecting PM will continue to use my first free data add-on.  But PM started using the second free data add-on instead of the first add-on.  If you have two or more same add-ons, PM will use the add-on at the top of your overview page add-on list first.  

If PM treats the all minutes add-ons using the order in the add-on list, PM will use my 400 minutes add-on before my 500 minutes add-on.  Just guessing until proven.

ChowtimeApricot

Thanks!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ChowtimeApricot wrote:

Thanks!

It will go to the 500 first.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@ChowtimeApricot wrote:

Thanks!

It will use this one first for calls to Canada:

500 min Canada-Wide Long Distance  addon.

Fyi both long-distance calling add-ons will remain on your account until the minutes are fully consumed.

Need Help? Let's chat.