cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IN THE USA WITH A TALK ADD-ON NOT WARKING PROPERLY

ISIYGRN1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

HI

I'M IN THE USA AND I HAVE A TALK ADD-ON AND THE CALLS ARE GETTING DISCANACTD AVAERY MIN

CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?

12 REPLIES 12

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@ISIYGRN1 Intermittent problems are the hardest to track down. Some suggestions in case you haven't tried them and are still having problems.

a) change your network setting to 3G instead of LTE or auto. 3G is required for calling and your phone is supposed to switch flawlessly to it for a call. Also in some locales 3G is a more stable signal than LTE.

b) PM uses AT&T and T-Mobile in the USA. Whichever your phone is using try the other one if it is available.

c) try a different unlocked phone in case your phone is failing. What make/model are you using?

d) try an application like that from fongo.com, or Google Hangouts. Fongo provides free calling across Canada from wherever you are connected to wifi (or on cellular data). You can then, at least, stay in touch with friends back home.

Good luck. 

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

Gregmt
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had a similar problem when I was in the USA. I came to realize that I didn't have enough funds added to my account in advance of adding my USA add on. Once I added the funds to my account and reordered the add on it was good to go. Did you have enough funds in your account previous to adding the USA add  on? If not add the funds and then reorder the USA add on. Also restart your phone if you try this . 

Cheers. 

Tav
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@ISIYGRN1 wrote:

@Crash2 wrote:

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

I HAVE DONE THIS 4 DAYS AGO

4 days seems like an awfully long time. Did anyone from the moderator team get back to you with any suggestions?

We understand your phone is disconnecting every 45 seconds but if you do not have the correct add-on then the service will not work correctly and could explain your issue. Since you cannot take a screen shot, what is the exact name of the add-on that you purchased so we have verify you have the correct one. 

ISIYGRN1

@dna2016 wrote:

@ISIYGRN1 did you purchase the US Roaming add-on or the U.S. & Canada Long distance add-on?  If you're in the U.S. you'll need the U.S. Roaming add-on, and not the long distance one.  Not saying you made this mistake, but I know some have.

Like @mimmo said, take a screenshot of your overview page in your MyAccount profile.  That'll help some of the oracles better assess your situation and let you know if there's something you can do immediately.

I CANT MAKE A SCREENSHOT BUT I SEE YOU DIDNT UNDERSTAND THE PROBLEM, THE PHONE IS WARKING BUT ITS GETTING DICANACTING EVERY 45 SEC.

dna2016
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@ISIYGRN1 did you purchase the US Roaming add-on or the U.S. & Canada Long distance add-on?  If you're in the U.S. you'll need the U.S. Roaming add-on, and not the long distance one.  Not saying you made this mistake, but I know some have.

Like @mimmo said, take a screenshot of your overview page in your MyAccount profile.  That'll help some of the oracles better assess your situation and let you know if there's something you can do immediately.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@ISIYGRN1 wrote:

@mimmo wrote:

Can you post a screenshot of your overview page? Specifically the addons section. 

This typically happens if you have two USA talk addons active at the same time.

I HAVE ONLY 1 ADD-ON

@ISIYGRN1

Did you pay $8 for the US/Canada long distance or $8 for a roaming add-on? Is the increase of an $8 balance in your Available Funds still there?

This is why it's helpful for us to help you that we ask for a screenshot or a copy/paste of your overview area...particularly under add-ons.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Are you in an area that doesn't have good reception?

ISIYGRN1

@Crash2 wrote:

-*-*-*I recommend contacting the Moderator team which is actually Public Mobile support just click here to private message a Moderator - Just to set expectations it usually takes 24-48 hours for them to respond-*-*-*-

I HAVE DONE THIS 4 DAYS AGO

ISIYGRN1

@mimmo wrote:

Can you post a screenshot of your overview page? Specifically the addons section. 

I HAVE ONLY 1 ADD-ON

Crash2

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
Do you mean that you have the US roaming addon?

You can try restarting your phone. If it still doesn't work, go into your account, report your phone lost, log out, wait 5 minutes, log back in and report it found.
Need Help? Let's chat.