cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMPORTANT Info DIFFERENCE on Data Plans vs Add-On Data

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

When it come to DATA Plans vs Add-On DATA, there's some confusion on the subject, ESPESCIALLY on the TERM Roll-Over 

Regular DATA PLANS, on a FIXED Cycle, like 30 or 90 Day, The data will remain ACTIVE EITHER to the END of your Billing CYCLE OR, WHEN YOU USE UP the DATA that YOU Purchased, Whichever COMES First.  ANY REMAINING DATA ON the BASE DATA PLANS will NOT CARRY OVER

Add-On DATA is WHAT you BUY to SUPPLIMENT your DATA

IF you USE UP ALL BASE PLAN DATA, THE ADD-ON DATA will THEN KICK IN, WITHOUT ADD-ON DATA and YOU USE UP your BASE DATA, YOU will NOT be able to ACCESS WEB or INTERNET-Based Functions UNLESS You are WITHIN Range for Wi-Fi.

ONLY ADD-ON DATA is CARRIED OVER

ADD-ON DATA has NO EXPIRATION DATE

SO, ADD-ON DATA can remain on ACCOUNT INDEFINITELY

UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, Account is then in DELETED

AND ALL DATA REMAINING, CREDITS, ETC. will BE DELETED AND FORFEITED

PERMANENTLY

First, Plan is Activated, either on a 30 or 90 Day Cycle.

If Insufficient Funds in CC attached and Autopay switched on, OR No Funds in Account via Vouchers, then Plan goes into Suspension.

YOU WILL HAVE UP TO 90 DAYS to Top up and Renew Plan to retain

FAILURE to do so RESULTS in ACCOUNT'S being put to SLEEP PERMANENTLY

IF on a PROMO at Time, PROMO PLAN FORFEITED

Public Mobile will NOT Be able to Reopen the Old Account

ONLY Option available then will be to ORDER Brand NEW Sim, and then PICK New Phone Number, and then Pick A BRAND NEW Plan That's CURRENTLY Available

I hope that this Info is CRYSTAL CLEAR and Answers what PPL may have in regards to Roll over Data vs Fixed DATA that is on a FIXED Cycle, 30 or 90 Day Period

19 REPLIES 19

@debhallett wrote:

That was super hard to get through. 

But I don't think the info I've been searching for is addressed. Feel free to link me to the thread if I just didn't find it. 

I want to know:

If I'm UPGRADING to a plan with more data, because I'm out and would like to have more going forward...

Am I still out of luck until my roll over date unless I pay for a (nasty-in-comparison) data booster to cover the last ten days of my plan? 

@debhallett 

As outlined before:

- You can do an immediate plan change to a different plan in self serve. You will loose any remaining portions of your current plan without refunds. 

- If you want to renew the same plan early ( say you are on a fantastic promo plan that you don't want to loose, and using up all your data is a one off), you have to contact the moderator team. Be aware that some more recent promos might not allow you to change plans without loosing the promotional part.

In both of the two scenarios above the plan cycle adjusts to 30days from the immediate plan change/ early renewal date.

- If you only are out of data by a tiny bit and only occasionally, a data add-on can last you a very long time and might be more cost effective (I still have a couple of 100MB left on a 1GB add-on that I bought in mid 2018...)

- if you get by on WiFi for the remainder of your current plan but want to change plans at your next, regular renewal date, schedule a future dated plan change. 

In terms of minimizing your data usage check the following settings on your phone:

- OS and app updates only via WiFi

- turn off WiFi assist (iOS) / WiFi+ (Android)

- turn off background data where not absolutely needed

Anonymous
Not applicable

@debhallett wrote:

But I don't think the info I've been searching for is addressed. Feel free to link me to the thread if I just didn't find it. 

I want to know:

If I'm UPGRADING to a plan with more data, because I'm out and would like to have more going forward...

Am I still out of luck until my roll over date unless I pay for a (nasty-in-comparison) data booster to cover the last ten days of my plan? 

You can do a change plan now. Your term starts anew. Your old plan stops. You pay again for the new term. Whatever you spent on the old plan is not refunded or prorated nor are the plan features.

Be aware of any promos you might be on and their conditions of changing plans.

debhallett
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I want to know:

@makkahn28

FYI, if you want you can edit your own post, no need to ask mods to do it, just clic the 3 little dots at the top right corner of your post 😉

Capture d’écran 2019-01-30 à 02.26.49.png

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@makkahn28 wrote:

When it come to DATA Plans vs Add-On DATA, there's some confusion on the subject, ESPESCIALLY on the TERM Roll-Over 

Regular DATA PLANS, on a FIXED Cycle, like 30 or 90 Day, The data will remain ACTIVE EITHER to the END of your Billing CYCLE OR, WHEN YOU USE UP the DATA that YOU Purchased, Whichever COMES First.  ANY REMAINING DATA ON the BASE DATA PLANS will NOT CARRY OVER

IF you USE UP ALL BASE PLAN DATA, THE ADD-ON DATA will THEN KICK IN, WITHOUT ADD-ON DATA and YOU USE UP your BASE DATA, YOU will NOT be able to ACCESS WEB or INTERNET-Based Functions UNLESS You are WITHIN Range for Wi-Fi.

UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, Account is then in DELETED

AND ALL DATA REMAINING, CREDITS, ETC. will BE DELETED AND FORFEITED

PERMANENTLY

First, Plan is Activated, either on a 30 or 90 Day Cycle.

If Insufficient Funds in CC attached and Autopay switched on, OR No Funds in Account via Vouchers, then Plan goes into Suspension.

YOU WILL HAVE UP TO 90 DAYS to Top up and Renew Plan to retain

FAILURE to do so RESULTS in ACCOUNT'S being put to SLEEP PERMANENTLY

IF on a PROMO at Time, PROMO PLAN FORFEITED

Public Mobile will NOT Be able to Reopen the Old Account

ONLY Option available then will be to ORDER Brand NEW Sim, and then PICK New Phone Number, and then Pick A BRAND NEW Plan That's CURRENTLY Available

I hope that this Info is CRYSTAL CLEAR and Answers what PPL may have in regards to Roll over Data vs Fixed DATA that is on a FIXED Cycle, 30 or 90 Day Period

Should tell the MOD to sticky it

Anonymous
Not applicable

My approach to this site is to always be on the All Posts page and keep refreshing it. I get a page of abbreviated posts. I can click on the little More link to be able to read the whole thing. But there's no formatting. This OP was just terrible. We had another user not long ago who was doing the same thing. It's very difficult reading. I come into the thread and see oh ok colours and some formatting. Still...those caps words are WAY (see what I did there? 🙂 ) excessive. And I just have old eyes that need some help not like stonechucker with visual issues.

Sure...informative post and good of you to take the time to write it all up but jeez...make it readable.

And as with mimmo_L...um...you can edit your own post. Click on the three dots to the upper right of your post and click Edit Reply. But you've been here way longer than I have so you really oughta know that by now.

@makkahn28 wrote:

Hi. Thanks for pointing that out. IF you are able to, I would give you the permission to edit this and make it More Readible.

I just noticed that this is one subject ppl have a slight confusion.

Tried my utmost best to address this the best I can

With the underlining, when you have so much of the text underlined, that's really the same as having nothing underlined.

Back when I was in school, I used to see people highlight entire paragraphs of pages of the text book. Well, when everything is highlighted like that, it doesn't help.  It's the key points and concepts that need to be bolded/highlighted/underlilned/etc., those often just being individual words.

It's always hard to describe the right words to be sure.

If one said the Account was Put to sleep Permanently, that would be Mild

Closed, well That that's another

Account on the ACESS Denied would be one PPL may understand. They always say words can be subjective, you never know what really works.

@mimmo wrote:

@makkahn28  i believe there is a slight error in one of your statements specifically:

"UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, and Account is then in SUSPENSION"

I believe it should read

"UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from THE DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, THEN Account is then DELETED"

My suggestion would be "closed".  The records of the account and the account itself remain in the Public Mobile computer for eternity, or however long the company exists.

The information is good.  However, I have the opinion that the colored text and capital letters makes your message much harder to read.

I went into the Knowledge section, THIS kind of info is Omitted

PM Needs to have something there, so PPL know the Difference, and avoid the confusion

Fixed Data on a 30/90 Days are Fixed, Activate ON DAY 1 OF New BASE PLAN, and CONCLUDES EITHER On the last day of a 30/90 DAYS CYCLE or IF you Consumed ALL The Base DATA, Whichever comes first

ANY REMAINING DATA on the BASE DATA Plans will NOT Carry over to the NEXT Billing Cycle

Add-On Data is to Suppliment your BASE Data Plan When the Base Data has been used UP in it's Entirety

Add-On Data WILL Carry over INDEFINITELY, Meaning If it take you 9 Months, or 10 Days, or 16 weeks. IT NEVER Expires

UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from THE DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, THEN Account is then DELETED and EVERYTHING is then Forfeited and Lost Permanently

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 your post you edit as you see fit.

There is a consensus that we should only edit out personal information from posts.

Hi. Thanks for pointing that out. IF you are able to, I would give you the permission to edit this and make it More Readible.

I just noticed that this is one subject ppl have a slight confusion.

Tried my utmost best to address this the best I can

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28  i believe there is a slight error in one of your statements specifically:

"UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, and Account is then in SUSPENSION"

I believe it should read

"UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from THE DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, THEN Account is then DELETED CLOSED PERMANENTLY"

edit suggested by @computergeek541

I'd give ANY Oracle Consent to Edit this, so that PPL know the Difference between.

Trying to Create a Topic that addresses an area that in Knowledge area this info is not included

stonechucker
Mayor / Maire

Please make it less distracting if you want folks to read this.  I have a vision impairment, and this is an awful way to emphasize anything.

Simple bold headings, normal looking fonts make things easier to read.

@makkahn28 wrote:

This is to UNDERLINE the Specifics, and that I hope would UNDERLINE Crystal Clear on the Major differences

@makkahn28Sorry, its probably just me and my old eyes, I am sure everyone else can probably read this fine. Thanks for trying to help out.

This is to UNDERLINE the Specifics, and that I hope would UNDERLINE Crystal Clear on the Major differences

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

@makkahn28Honestly, all the colors, bold, underline, italics and random capital lettering is really confusing me as its really hard to read. Sorry. I actually am having difficulty reading this but the info is good, thanks for trying to help out.

@makkahn28 wrote:

UNLESS, YOU FAIL TO RENEW PLAN WITHIN 90 DAYS from DAY your BASE PLAN EXPIRES, and Account is then in SUSPENSION

THEN ALL DATA REMAINING, CREDITS, ETC. will BE DELETED AND FORFEITED

PERMANENTLY

Need Help? Let's chat.