Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I

21 REPLIES 21

whyphy123

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@whyphy123, here is the knowledge base article covering add-ons.  You can reach out to the moderator team to discuss what they can do for you.  I would suggest not taking the position of entitlement.  If you make a mistake, there are no provisions in the wireless code that provides for a remedy.  Admiting to an honest mistake would get you a lot more mileage although it is still YMMV.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

whyphy123

@whyphy123 wrote:

Weird... I swear that wasn’t an option 3 days ago, they must’ve changed it since. I still need to talk to someone about a refund, this is not right, $15 is a lot of money for me. Why doesn’t this network have a phone line? So dumb, I messaged the moderators hours ago and they haven’t responded, I need the data for work tomorrow morning and shouldn’t have to go thru all this trouble for a simple thing...

If you are asking this question you haven't researched public mobile. They are the phone company without a phone

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

whyphy123

MacMe
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

For data in Canada, you need to choose the first or second option (1GB or 200MB):

dataadd.JPG

whyphy123

@whyphy123 wrote:

I’ve power cycled multiple times, data setting is on and I don’t know what I’m supposed to do with APN setting, anyone able to give me some guidance?

Ok a couple of things here. There is no 500mb US soon and you keep asking for a$15 refund, the 15 US add-on is talk and text only NO DATA

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

whyphy123

whyphy123

@srlawren wrote:

@whyphy123 okay this makes no sense.  Exactly which add-on(s) did you purchase?  You keep saying "500 mb data add on + US roaming" but there is no such thing.

if you're not travelling to the USA, you should not be purchasing any US Roaming add-ons of any kind.  Period.  I'm actually floored the texting add-on worked in Canada--it should not.  What is your base plan?

To get data for us in Canada, you need to purhcase either the 200MB Data add-on or the 1GB data add-on, but NOT the ones with US Roaming in the name.  I think this is the issue.

He says he has a talk and text plan so that is why his texting is working.  I don't think the data will work here.

rahmedkanak

@whyphy123 wrote:

I purchased the 500mb data + US roaming add on 3 days ago but the data still doesn’t work. The add on shows up on my account but when I try to browse the web it doesn't work. I purchased the unlimited text + US roaming add on last week and it worked right away so I don’t understand why the data add on should be any different. It's essential that I have data when I return to work tomorrow so if it doesn’t work by tomorrow, how can I get my $15 refund?

Could you please check your APN settings again to make sure everything is correct. And please also make sure data is enabled.

If everything fails please do a power cycle of your phone and let us know your result.

rahmedkanak

@whyphy123 wrote:

I've been in Canada the whole time but that shouldn't matter. The data + US roaming add on was the only one available on my account. I bought US roaming for unlimited text and it works in Canada so I don't see why this should be any different.

Hi everyone, I think he is saying that he bought 500 mb data (us roaming add on) for 15$ which should work in Canada. Because he already bought the 8$ us text add on which is working here in Canada without any problem. Someone in redflagdeals reported that us roaming text add on is working on 10$ talk text plan in Canada.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@whyphy123 okay this makes no sense.  Exactly which add-on(s) did you purchase?  You keep saying "500 mb data add on + US roaming" but there is no such thing.

if you're not travelling to the USA, you should not be purchasing any US Roaming add-ons of any kind.  Period.  I'm actually floored the texting add-on worked in Canada--it should not.  What is your base plan?

To get data for us in Canada, you need to purhcase either the 200MB Data add-on or the 1GB data add-on, but NOT the ones with US Roaming in the name.  I think this is the issue.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

This is the first time I heard of using data from the US add-on in Canada.  I will be there first to admit, I have no clue if it works here or not.

whyphy123

@whyphy123 wrote:

I've been in Canada the whole time but that shouldn't matter. The data + US roaming add on was the only one available on my account. I bought US roaming for unlimited text and it works in Canada so I don't see why this should be any different.

Have you had data before?  If not you may need to verify that your APN settings are correct.  What type of phone are you using?

whyphy123

@whyphy123 wrote:

Yes, data roaming is on, top left corner of my iphone reads "Public Mobile LTE". Every time I try to browse the web, it takes me to the public mobile page that says "You are unable to access the Web"

If you are in the US you should be AT&T or T~Mobile.  Can you go in and manually select a network?

whyphy123

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@whyphy123 wrote:

I purchased the 500mb data + US roaming add on 3 days ago but the data still doesn’t work. The add on shows up on my account but when I try to browse the web it doesn't work. I purchased the unlimited text + US roaming add on last week and it worked right away so I don’t understand why the data add on should be any different. It's essential that I have data when I return to work tomorrow so if it doesn’t work by tomorrow, how can I get my $15 refund?

Silly question do you have data roaming turned on?  What network is showing on your phone?

Need Help? Let's chat.