cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I will be in the USA for 6 month in winter. Would like to keep my phone number and plan.

I will be in the USA for 6 month in winter. I would like to keep my phone number and plan.

I need at least texting to work in the USA. Any suggestions?

Oracle

Re: I will be in the USA for 6 month in winter. Would like to keep my phone number and plan.

@Evaflorida wrote:

I will be in the USA for 6 month in winter. I would like to keep my phone number and plan.

The only way you are going to be able to keep your number active so that you can text for the entire 6 months is to get the $60 Canada US plan.

Have you thought about using Fongo or Whatsapp?  For that length of stay, I would get a local sim and give that number to the people back home that need it to contact you

* I am happy to help, but I am not a MOD please do not include any personal info in a private message to me, click here to private message a Moderator *
Mayor / Maire

Re: I will be in the USA for 6 month in winter. Would like to keep my phone number and plan.

@Evaflorida wrote:

@Evaflorida  If that's the case, not sure what your budget is but you can take advnatage of the current $60.00 per 30 days plan:

• 8 GB Data⁴ at 3G speed
  • Plus, bonus 2GB US data roaming
  • + BONUS 500 MB with AutoPay
  • UNLIMITED Talk & Text in Canada & US
  • VOICEMAIL & Call Display

More info here.

Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Duo you need your number to text from and to?

If not i would suggest getting 15 plan and forward to textnow Canadian number

I just recommended it to somebody 30 mins ago:

Another option is getting textnow sim, they charge 10 for unlimited calls and texts, 20  for call text and 2g of data, 30 for 5 gigs instead 2, and 40 for unlimited ( that's in usd) and you can pick Canadian number so you can forward all your calls to It. Unfortunately they won't let you get it here in Canada, you will have to order it there you will need access to a credit card with usa address.

If it must be your number than above recommended by @geopublic and @ShawnC13 is your best bet, and who knows by then there might be more where that came from, pm always comes up with good and better deals

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

As others said, $60 plan is the best for you provided it is within your budget. With the current exchange rate our $60 plan will be cheaper when you convert to USD.

Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

you can switch to 10 or 15 plan, then purchase the US roming add on. 

Mayor / Maire

@missorange wrote:

you can switch to 10 or 15 plan, then purchase the US roming add on. 

Six months of US roaming addons that must be renewed every 10 days is not feasible. Much cheaper to go with the $60 plan.

Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Evaflorida  if you want to keep your number and stay with public mobile get the $60 plan while it lasts. It's the best option with PM.

Or get a cheap us plan and forward your calls 

Mayor / Maire

@Evaflorida wrote:

Is your plan a promo plan no longer offered?

Do you just wish to keep your number but not use it in states?

If you want to keep your plan and use your number in the states for those 6 months then that will cost a fortune. Maybe you're rich.

There are options depending on answers. Please do come on back and answer some questions.

Mayor / Maire

If you want to keep your number get the 10 dollar plan let it expire for 89 days get the 10 dollar plan again for 30 days or cheapest available then let it expire again then you should be home before another 89 days time have a great trip!!