cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I was wondering how can I change my plan?

Carmen1977
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

How to change plan 

30 REPLIES 30

Follow this method when making a manual payment/adding a card to the account....only use the emboldened portion of the instructions if the payment card is already on file.

1. Reboot your device.
  2. Clear your browser, use secret/incognito mode in firefox, chrome or safari.
  3. Choose replace card rather than remove card.
  4. Copy your address from your billing statement.
  5. Add your apt/unit/suite # to the street address. ie. 101-123 1ST AVE W, CITY, PROV.
  6. Do not put a space in the postal code. X0X0X0 not X0X 0X0.
  7. USE ALL CAPS if necessary.
  8. Do not use autofill. Type everything manually.

Once you successfully update your card do not attempt your payment immediately. Log out/in then go to make a payment to pay for your renewal. Otherwise if you were not suspended I would recommend a $1 test payment. Follow my further instructions for a successful payment to unsuspend your account.

Do not try more than two attempts at adding a card or payments ( successful or not) or you will continue to get this message. Wait at least 1 hour to try a third time another hour for your 5th try....and so on....and do not make more than 4 unsuccessful tries with the same card in a 24 hour period or you will trigger a fraud alert lock out requiring assistance from the moderators.

Go to make a payment. Choose the "other amount" option and add $1 more than the amount owing and submit the payment. If that is successful go back to your overview page and if it does not say active  click on the reactivate button. If that works log out and reboot. If that does not work and your payment is in your balance rather than showing $1 then go to the usage or plans page. Click on lost/stolen and suspend your service. Log out/in. Resume your service. Your balance should now be $1. Log out and reboot.

Edit: Oops hit post by accident...oh well!

@Klis 

Your welcome! I am no fan of simple simon and I absolutely refuse to use him. All of my account dealings are with the moderators are initiated via private message. I have found no real difference in response time when using this method but pm actively encourages the use of simon for prioritization of tickets and pre-verification of account holders.

Most importantly is supplying the main account identifiers and pin #. They should suffice for most requests. However the additional identifiers are needed if you don't remember your pin # or you want to change important account info such as your sim card, email or pin code . The moderators will then ask you for at least four definitive account holder identifiers. 

Generally pre supplying this info plus one "bonus" piece of info in your initial message ( like your dob or last 4 digits of your card) and the specifics of your request will often mean your request will be completed with their first reply if you have included all the info they require to perform the task. I always ask for a review link once my request has been taken care of ( or not as it happens.)

Edit: Saved myself from being "slamdunkmanned" 😉 as the "message not found" warning popped up just before I hit post and I was able to copy and paste my reply.

Klis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

@darlicious I find your response very insightful. I have also saved the link to send a private message. Thanks

@Carmen1977 

Send a private message describing in detail your issue and sending them as much info that you know about your account. They will then either help you finish creating your account or help you access it.

Do not post any of the following info in the community....do so only in a private message to the moderator team as this is sensitive account info that will help verify that you are the account holder.

Contact the moderators by sending a private message and leave a detailed message explaining your issue and the info to verify your account by including the following information:

1. Full name and address on account.
  2. Email, phone # and pin #.

If you cannot remember your pin # include at least three of the following:

1. Date of birth
  2. Last payment, date, amount, type and last 4 digits.
  3. Alternate phone number if any.
  4. Security question and answer.
  5. Plan amount, any add ons or promos on account.
  6. Last 4 digits of sim card.
  7. Any rewards in your account.
  8. Autopay y/n?
  9. Account #
  10. Recent or frequently called or texted phone numbers ( in or out.)

The average wait time is 2 to 4 hours but be prepared to wait up to 48 hours for non urgent requests. Current wait times are about one hour and are probably even less today as there are new trainees.

Keep an eye on your private message box the envelope icon at the top right corner of your screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly will speed up service times.

To send a private message to the moderators click below:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carmen1977 : Re-read the above. If necessary, click on the little "See more" link at the end. Or more properly, click on the subject line to open the thread.

Carmen1977

how do I contact them?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carmen1977 : All you can do is contact the moderators as suggested.

Carmen1977

is there a way I can re register my account because if soomeone made one for me I don't no what is is

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carmen1977 : Look in all your email inboxes for the welcome email from here when you activated. That email address is your login id for the self serve. Then if you don't remember the password then use the Forgot your password? link and the answer to your security question that you set up. You'll get an email to that email address. Then you can reset your password and log in.

@Carmen1977 wrote:

And it says I already have an account but I didn’t make one 

@Carmen1977  Ok, so maybe you did register for a Self Serve account and did not realize it. If you registered online, then it creates it automatically.

Try logging in here-Your Self Serve LOG IN: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/

Then try different emails it could be and go the "forget your password" option to see if anything works.

IF nothing is working then, have the Moderators get you back in your account.

To contact the Public Mobile Moderator_Team, there are two ways to reach them:

1 -  Faster Method - Click the bubble comment circle on the bottom right hand side of your screen, or use this link to: Get Help With SIMon the Public Mobile chatbot

OR

2 – Slower Method - Use this link to:

Private Message to Public Mobile Moderators (PM Customer Service Representatives)

LEGO
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@Carmen1977 Click on "ontact the Moderators by opening a ticket here > 

They will help you to sorted out problems with your created account!

EDIT: Pay attention to messages arrived from them to you Inbox ("Envelope" icon at the top of this page).
You cannot create a new account for your phone number! You'll need help of Moderators to access your account.

Carmen1977

And it says I already have an account but I didn’t make one 

Carmen1977

So I need to use that name to make one ? Because when I put my phone number in it says it’s invalid 

Carmen1977

Problem is I can log in to my account is there a way to reset it ? So I can try to re register 

@Carmen1977 wrote:

I go in store to pay my bill every mouth 

@Carmen1977 , It sounds like you never created a Self Serve account. To do that you will need to create one (as @HALIMACS already posted) here: https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca/self-registration/

Do not include any DASHES.

Then you can go Change your Plan through your Self Serve account.

LEGO

@Carmen1977 First you have to load money (equal to the cost of new desired plan) into your account before making a change to new plan.

Carmen1977

and no my service finish today have to go pay but trying to change my

olan frist 

Carmen1977

I go in store to pay my bill every mouth 

LEGO

@Carmen1977 wrote:

Yes when I go make an account it tells me my number is invalid 

Do you mean your SIM card number is invalid?

Anonymous
Not applicable

first go to

https://selfserve.publicmobile.ca

put it your email and password

and choose "Change Plan" option.

Good Luck

@Carmen1977 

Are you an active PM customer?

When did you activate service?

Did you do so online or in-store?

Carmen1977

Yes when I go make an account it tells me my number is invalid 

@Carmen1977 wrote:

It doesn’t let me make an account the most I can do is a community account or else it doesn’t let me make any other account 

If you need to create a self-serve account (which you may need to do if you activated in-store), here's how

Public Mobile - Register

LEGO

@Carmen1977 Have you purchased a SIM card and activated to create a Self Serve account?

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Carmen1977 

Here’s the process for changing plans, first login to Self Serve to this screen:

Click Change Plan:

HALIMACS_0-1618160012396.png

Then select desired Plan:

HALIMACS_1-1618160012447.png

Then choose Change on Next Renewal Date:

HALIMACS_2-1618160012419.png

@Carmen1977 

Try clearing your browser's cache or try a different browser.

Go into your Self Serve account and choose "Change Plan" option.

Then recommended to "change on next renewal date" so you do not lose out on funds already paid on your current prepaid cycle.

EDIT: you said you tried through Chat, not sure what you mean by that. Do you mean through SIMon bot? 

You could request it through SIMon if having issues changing it yourself.

Carmen1977

It doesn’t let me make an account the most I can do is a community account or else it doesn’t let me make any other account 

LEGO

@Carmen1977 Log-in into your Self-Serve account and click on "Change my plan".

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@Carmen1977 wrote:

How to change plan 

@Carmen1977 

Go into your Self Serve account and choose "Change Plan" option.

Then recommended to "change on next renewal date" so you do not lose out on funds already paid on your current prepaid cycle.

Carmen1977

I have been trying to change my plan the online chat can’t do it and they send me here and I can’t still change my plan 

Need Help? Let's chat.