cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've purchased 1gb of US Roaming data but I've got no data signal since I arrived in New York

Pvalerio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Please advise. I will check this post again later. 

Peter

12 REPLIES 12

@srlawren wrote:

@gblackma wrote:

There was similar complaint involving 2 roaming packages purchased for the same period in time. In short, one of the packages had to removed by a moderator before it would work. Maybe that applies here.

@gblackma @LovesToPM I don't believe that issue affects the data roaming add-ons, only talk and text roaming add-ons.

Thanks for sharing that!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@gblackma wrote:

There was similar complaint involving 2 roaming packages purchased for the same period in time. In short, one of the packages had to removed by a moderator before it would work. Maybe that applies here.

@gblackma @LovesToPM I don't believe that issue affects the data roaming add-ons, only talk and text roaming add-ons.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@Pvalerio Otherwise if the problem persists, @gblackma may have a point.

And you'll have to contact Moderators for help.

To submit a ticket to Moderators: Click the green question mark at bottom and enter your question into SIMon. Answer the prompts until you get to the Contact Us button, click it and a Submit Ticket button should appear.

If you encounter problems with submitting a ticket, you can send a private message to Moderators, but this alternate contact method may have longer response time.

@gblackma wrote:

@Pvalerio wrote:

US Roaming 1 GB Data (10 day)

US Roaming - 500 MB Data (10-day)

This is what it says under my ad-ons, and my available funds went down when i purchased them. however, on my phone, i'm connected to T mobile, but instead of 3g/4g etc, it just says LTE and doesn't load anything on the internet

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Pvalerio  Make sure

1. Data is turned on
  2. Roaming is turned on
  3. Restart your phone

@Pvalerio 

First off, was your APN (for mobile data) already working on your phone while you were in Canada?

If yes, don't touch your APN settings. Go to your phone settings and try manually connecting to AT&T (instead of T-Mobile). As mentioned by others, make sure data roaming is enabled on your phone. Does that work better?

@Pvalerio wrote:

This is what it says under my ad-ons, and my available funds went down when i purchased them. however, on my phone, i'm connected to T mobile, but instead of 3g/4g etc, it just says LTE and doesn't load anything on the internet

Pvalerio

Pvalerio

US Roaming 1gb data 10 day

This is what it says under my ad-ones, and my available funds went down when i purchased them. however, on my phone, i'm connected to T mobile, but instead of 3g/4g etc, it just says LTE and doesn't load anything on the internet

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@Pvalerio wrote:

Peter

Logon your account and check under "My data and Add-ons". If you see the US Roaming add-on listed there, it is active and is good for 10 days.

Read here for some troubeshooting tips: https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/us-roaming

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Peter, sorry to hear about your problem. Did you turn on data? Roaming? On my Samsung phone, I have to turn off WiFi to use data.Dont know why. 

@Pvalerio wrote:

Peter

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@Pvalerio wrote:

Peter

Can you manually select AT&T or T~Mobile network.  Do you have data roaming turned on in your settings?

Purchasing addons is a two step process.  Here is a great tutorial on how to purchase addons created by @srlawren  https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/m-p/198974

Have you done the two step process

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

It's two steps to buy an add-on ..log into self serve account and see if you have a balance...

If you do then you have to purchase it now.

Guide below ..

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/HOWTO-Purchasing-Add-ons/td-p/198974

If you did both steps...try manually selecting a network..from att to T-Mobile or vice versa.

Need Help? Let's chat.