cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I've paid for UK minutes add on, but when I try to make a call it won't go through

Pvalerio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased UK minutes ad-on yesterday. My account has been charged. The UK minutes add-on appears on my plans & add-ons. However, after I try to call a UK number, I get the voicemail telling me "Hi, public mobile here. Sorry talk is not included in your current plan." 

Please help resolve this issue as I need to call back to the UK today before 10am EST. 

5 REPLIES 5

@BeachNBeer wrote:

Dial 011 – this is the Canada exit code and it's got to be dialled first for all international calls made from the Canada.

This is no longer the case. While 011 still works in most cases, + is more commonly used, especially is the day of widespread cellular communications. This kind of reminds me of codes such as *67 which has largely been replaced by #31# on most cellular networks. 

@Pvalerio wrote:

Thank you.

@Pvalerio Was the dialling code (001-44) the problem?

Pvalerio
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Thank you.

BeachNBeer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Reboot phone and ensure you're dialing correctly.

Dial 011 – this is the Canada exit code and it's got to be dialled first for all international calls made from the Canada.

Dial 44 – Country Code for UK/England.

Dial the phone number – minus the (0); landlines – area code (2 to 5 digits) + local number total 10 digits, mobile phones (10 digits)

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@Pvalerio wrote:

I purchased UK minutes ad-on yesterday. My account has been charged. The UK minutes add-on appears on my plans & add-ons. However, after I try to call a UK number, I get the voicemail telling me "Hi, public mobile here. Sorry talk is not included in your current plan." 

Please help resolve this issue as I need to call back to the UK today before 10am EST. 

@Pvalerio This may be a silly question but are you dialling 011-44 before the number?

Need Help? Let's chat.