cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I think I made a mistake with my first booster purchase :(

rob79
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Long story short, I just became a public mobile customer and I added a 200 minute booster to my province-wide plan. I thought this would include international calling (to the 18 countries), but now I'm thinking that it's US-only.

The wording on the sales page is weird, there is an asterisk, but the way it's written it seems like it applies to both the 200 and 400 minute boosters.

After looking at some community posts, now I'm not sure if the same rules apply to both 200 and 400 minute boosters, or if it's only the 400 minute booster that gets internation (ie. not just Canada/US) calling.

Can anyone clarify this for me? I would have gladly paid the extra $7, since I rarely call the US but I often call the UK.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

pakmode
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Glad this got solved for you OP. @Mary_M is the best!

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Great, thanks for confirming 🙂 In regards to the page, you can always make a suggestion in our Public Lab! 

Enjoy your day @rob79 !

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

rob79

Thanks again @Mary_M, I'm not going to worry about swapping them since I can use the 200 minute booster for in-Canada calling anyway (I'm on the province-wide plan). When I run out, or need to make an international call, I'll just get the 400 minute add-on then. Since everything rolls over it's no big deal, just a little annoying since the store page is a bit misleading.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Thank you for sharing @rob79, this has been asked before and we are looking into it !

did you accidentally purchase the 200 minutes rather than the 400 minutes? If so, please send me a private message and I will look into your options 🙂

Mary

** Please do not post private info such as: phone number, account number, pin etc.. This is a public forum. **

rob79

Thanks for the reply Mary, I understand.

That said, I feel like this could be made clearer on the store page, the way it is written the (includes international calling) disclaimer appears to apply to all boosters, not just one.

Mary_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Good morning @rob79,

thank you for reaching out to us in regards to our long-distance add-ons! 

To clarify and make it simpler for you, let me know explain the difference!

1) The 200 LD minutes add-on is a domestic add-on limited to calls in Canada and the Us. This means that you will have 200 minutes to make calls to Canada (if you have a provincial talk plan) and the US.

2) The 400 LD minutes add-on is a domestic add-on again, that can be used to call the Ca or US, as well as 18 international countries. To get a look at the countries, please click on this link: https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Plans-Add-Ons/Calling-an-international-phone-number/m...

Please don't hesitate to send me a message if you any other questions.

Cheers,

Mary

RogerI
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

This caught me as well. So now I have both. The web page is very un-clear, and needs to be updated. I believe this has been requested before. Again, I am sorry to say PM does not act on these things even when several people have the same problem. It would be a trivial fix.

The good news is that the $8 US and the $15 US/International add-ons do not expire. They last until you use them up. I can also say that the system appears to do the right thing; if you call the US it debts the $8 plan, and not the $15 plan, as you would expect.

SD08
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

Here's a chart showing what calling you can do with the various add-ons:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

Normally purchases are non-refundable, but perhaps if you ask a moderator nicely, they can exchange it for the other add-on, after you top-up the extra $7.  That's assuming you didn't use any of the 200 mins.  How to contact moderatoors:
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

Samianauman
Mayor / Maire
I think 200 mins long distance add-on is for calling and usa only here's a link
https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Province-wide-Canada-wide-and-Long-Dis...

What you can do send a msg to mod and explain your situation and hopefully after you add extra 7 dollars they will be able to change the add-on for you.
Contact any moderator by private message to help you with the process.
In your private message the following info
* PM account email address
* PM phone number
* Detailed explanation

Here is the link for how to contact moderators http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updiated-Contacting-our-Community-Moder...

What you do click on link the webpage will open. You will see a mod team click on any name then scroll down all the way and click on send a private msg then explain your problem
Thanks"
** I am not a Mod, please do not include any private info in a private message to me.**
Need Help? Let's chat.