cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I see all the Plans, I feel PM can do much better than this

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I just feel that the current Plans don't go far enough, especially the 3G Data, where the Speeds is laughable.

Still wished PM did NOT do away with those LTE 4G Data, as it offers Choices.

Hoping that this Chartr/ Lucky alignment thing doesn't go on indefinitely.

Hoping PM will offer MORE to the table besides this. 

Also, the Make over, though ok, I think PM wasted resources on something that could have waited as there were MUCH MORE pressing matters that required attention

8 REPLIES 8

I will not be looking for a plan change here.  I’m on the Fall 2016 Promo, and paying a lot less than $130 for 90 days.  I do not plan to change providers, as no one will match my frandfathered plan.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@jellybean  your link does an incorrect comparison. Pm's 3g is actually LTE throttled to a max of 3Mbs.

I never said or implied  that the 3g was faster, I said there were few if any complaints about the throttled  speed.

I did need to expand on my statement about full lte and Koodo. I meant to say the pm full lte prices were similar to the Koodo ones.

Pm's strategy has changed but it changed a long while ago, when they introduced 3g speeds. It decided to compete only against lucky and chatr. Once this happened and when they raised their LTE speeds, it was game over for full LTE. In fact I am surprised it took them this long.

jellybean
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@Anonymous wrote:

@jellybean wrote:

Please explain in English. 

Whoa. There are people from everywhere here. Who is this in response to? Or maybe you meant lay-persons terms.

Whoa.  You are jumping to conclusions. Naturally I was asking for laypersons advice. 

jellybean

@mimmo wrote:

@makkahn28  only abbut 1% IIRC of recent activation were done using the plan builder.   that means there was no appetite for it nor the plans it provided.  If you want full LTE then time to migrate to Chatr.

as for the 3g speeds many people are using them and i don't hear many complaints about how slow their Internet is.  have you tried the 3g speeds?  if not then you probably should before saying they are laughable.  

Also IIRC the LTE speeds were very comparable to koodo, so if someone wanted full LTE, Koodo would be a better choice.  

agreed on the makeover,  but it  might be part of a grander scheme which we dont know about.

Your advise is flawed:

4G is 10x faster https://www.google.ca/amp/s/www.whistleout.com.au/MobilePhones/Guides/The-difference-between-3G-and-...

and Chatr has only 3G (press “+”) for plan details. 

https://www.chatrwireless.com/web/chatr.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=PlanBrowse&ecid=PS_C0008_C_WIR_...

It honestly seems that Public Mobile HAS changed strategy. They are aiming at lowest cost but REMOVING the reason we came here. I use my phone and hotspot for work and 4G is important so I’m not staring at the spinning wheel of death and wasting my time.  

I JUST bought a work phone but won’t be activating with PM with this new strategy. Wish I’d had notice. I love my $120 90 day 4G plan and feel cheated because my wife downgraded data and got stuck paying $150 for the same plan.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jellybean wrote:

Please explain in English. 

Whoa. There are people from everywhere here. Who is this in response to? Or maybe you meant lay-persons terms.

jellybean

Please explain in English to the Statement made below because all I can assume is it is that it is using LTE but... slowly. Sounds like non-alcoholic beer. 

“PM 3G plan allows access to LTE.  It should be called LTE lite = LTE capped 3Mbps

You get the benefit of LTE lite with the low latency fast response and capped 3Mbps speed will not use up the monthly data allotment as quickly as LTE speed.”

popping

@makkahn28 wrote:

I just feel that the current Plans don't go far enough, especially the 3G Data, where the Speeds is laughable.

PM 3G plan allows access to LTE.  It should be called LTE lite = LTE capped 3Mbps

You get the benefit of LTE lite with the low latency fast response and capped 3Mbps speed will not use up the monthly data allotment as quickly as LTE speed.

mimmo

@makkahn28  only abbut 1% IIRC of recent activation were done using the plan builder.   that means there was no appetite for it nor the plans it provided.  If you want full LTE then time to migrate to Chatr.

as for the 3g speeds many people are using them and i don't hear many complaints about how slow their Internet is.  have you tried the 3g speeds?  if not then you probably should before saying they are laughable.  

Also IIRC the LTE speeds were very comparable to koodo, so if someone wanted full LTE, Koodo would be a better choice.  

agreed on the makeover,  but it  might be part of a grander scheme which we dont know about.

Need Help? Let's chat.