cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rodjames
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I ran out of data last night, tried to buy 2gb more today, and now my data is gone

It added 30$ to my account, didn't give me 2gb of data, I'm confused.  Can I not just buy more data if I run out?

Accepted Solutions
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: I ran out of data last night, tried to buy 2gb more today, and now my data is gone

@rodjames wrote:

It added 30$ to my account, didn't give me 2gb of data, I'm confused.  Can I not just buy more data if I run out?

Buying add-ons is a two step process. If your Available Funds show at least the amount you say you paid then you didn't do the second step.

It's kinda non-intuitive but it works.

Don't select the $30 data-only _plan_...use your $30 to get two 1gb add-ons.

View solution in original post

All Replies
z10user4
Mayor / Maire

Re: I ran out of data last night, tried to buy 2gb more today, and now my data is gone

@rodjames wrote:

Buying add-ons is a two step process. If your Available Funds show at least the amount you say you paid then you didn't do the second step.

It's kinda non-intuitive but it works.

Don't select the $30 data-only _plan_...use your $30 to get two 1gb add-ons.

View solution in original post

gpixel4
Mayor / Maire

@rodjames if you have available funds in your account then you need to apply the add-ons. you can also call 611 to apply the add-ons

tabi159w
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Did you use the $30 you added to your account to purchase the add-on? With PM, you have to first add money to your account and then use that money to purchase the desired add-ons.

rodjames

2 step process eh... ok.  I will try that.

I'm just worried it'll mess up my grandfathered plan

rodjames

that worked, thank you.

fdrcamb519
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@rodjames 

Now you know it’s a two step process, in the future, when need any add on, you know how to do it.

Brody88
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

You can purchase the add on and it starts immediately, as long as it is done the correct way, which is a little bit confusing.  I ran into something that is important to know as well, when you are changing plans, always do it before the next billing date.  I switched plans just after my billing date (autopay).  I ended up losing the amount I paid for the autopay for the original plan, and was billed for the new plan right away since I had chosen to do it right away.  I should have planned ahead (a few days before the billing date) and chose to do it at the next billing date.

Need Help? Let's chat.