cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased an add-on. Do I get more minutes?

yanxi
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

I purchased a 200 min US and Canada Long Distance add-on.

Question 1. Does it work for only long distance calls or all outgoing and incoming calls? If I use up my minutes in the plan, can I use the minutes in this add-on? Will this add-on expire?

Question 2. If it doesn't work this way, which add-on should I buy to get more minutes?

Question 3. I just renewed my plan on 17th. If I change the plan now, do I have to pay the whole amount and lose the rest of days in my previous plan? (Means I pay for two months but only get 1 month and 3 days?)

Thank you very much!

8 REPLIES 8

yanxi

Great! Thank you very much dabr !

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@yanxi wrote:

Thank you very much for everyone's kind help!

One other thing to keep in mind is if you purchase the $5/500 mins add-on, those minutes get used first if you deplete the plan minutes, and then your other add-on of 200 mins will only be used once the 500 mins are depleted.  It's much cheaper to have the 500 mins available and then the 200 mins can stay for any calls you might need to make to the US.

yanxi

Thank you very much for everyone's kind help!

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@yanxi wrote:

Thank you very much for your reply! So I should also buy $5 for 500 Canada minutes, and both add-ons will not expire until used up?

Yes all domestic add-ons never expire and stay on account until used up.

yanxi

Thank you very much for your reply! So I should also buy $5 for 500 Canada minutes, and both add-ons will not expire until used up?

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@yanxi wrote:

Question 1. Does it work for only long distance calls or all outgoing and incoming calls? If I use up my minutes in the plan, can I use the minutes in this add-on? Will this add-on expire?

Question 2. If it doesn't work this way, which add-on should I buy to get more minutes?

Question 3. I just renewed my plan on 17th. If I change the plan now, do I have to pay the whole amount and lose the rest of days in my previous plan? (Means I pay for two months but only get 1 month and 3 days?)

Thank you very much!

If you are on a limited minute plan ($15?), then yes that add-on will be used once the plan minutes are used up before renewal cycle.  Yes any remaining mins in the add-on will roll over every cycle until completely depleted.  Ideally you should buy the $5/500 Canada wide mins add-on to supplement any limited plan minutes.  Yes you will pay immediately for a new plan if you select change now and lose any remaining features left in your current cycle., but always select change at next renewal for any change in plan.  BTW PM doesn't offer any pro-ration for immediate plan changes.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@yanxi wrote:

You can use it for any call to the US and within Canada when your minutes are used up. The add on will disaper when used up.

If You are looking for Canada wide only, buy the $5 for 500  minutes one

Yes it's better to wait and select change at next renewal

Thank you very much!

You are welcome.

Jb456
Mayor / Maire

200 minutes addon stays on your account and rolls over every 30 days until all used up.

Which plan are you on? $15 plan by chance?  If you are incoming calls are free...it will use you 100 outgoing minutes first then start using your add-on.

It's for local calls to not just long distance.

Another add-on you can look at is the $5 add-on for 500 Canada wide minutes.

For changing plans.

There is two options.

Change now - You're charged right away for new plan and new plan starts.. no refund for previous plan.

Change at next renewal- you keep current plan..and next payment due date.. you're charged for new plan and new plan starts.

Be sure to select change at next renewal if you want to change plans.

Need Help? Let's chat.