cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I purchased $15 the long-distance to china add-on. but it didn't show in my account

xuejunli
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

the transaction has been showing in my credit card statement. but I can't see the long-distance add-on showing in my account. it should be the long distance add-on to China. Please let me know what happen. thanks

15 REPLIES 15

That was here too, BC, at BCLCB. You went to a huge counter. Asked for your liquor and clerk would go behind the wall and bring to the counter then pay and you were on your way. Liquor was not visible to customer. 

@AE_Collector wrote:

We are all so used to going into a store, pick the item we want and pay on the way out. But Public Mobile is Prepaid Cellular, not Postpaid. Thus you have to pay first, then get the item you want. You tried to buy which failed as you hadn’t paid first so you were sent to pay (add funds) but then you didn't come back to get the item you just paid for.

Remember when Gas Pumps worked that way, fill your car and pay once you were ready to leave. But then finally one idiot too many tried to fill up and race race off without paying.... killing someone in the process.  Now you pay first by swiping your card (or you have to hand enough cash to the employee), pump your gas and off you go. That is Prepaid Cell Service too. 

AE_Collector

What......no!! You drove into the station that said 33.9 per gallon. You drove over a rubber hose and you hear ding ding.  Then out ran a gas jockey with a company uniform and hat too. Fill’r up you would say. He puts the nozzle on automatic and proceeds to clean windshield and headlights..then check oil and radiator. Then says that will be $5 and here is a free drink glass. 

@AE_Collector 

Lol.....I was going to aequate it to the Beer Store ( Brewer's Retail) in Ontario. You would have to go to the cashier pay and pick your poison and then walk over to the metal rolling conveyor for your two-four of beer to come rolling out to you. ( I sure miss my red baron!)

We are all so used to going into a store, pick the item we want and pay on the way out. But Public Mobile is Prepaid Cellular, not Postpaid. Thus you have to pay first, then get the item you want. You tried to buy which failed as you hadn’t paid first so you were sent to pay (add funds) but then you didn't come back to get the item you just paid for.

Remember when Gas Pumps worked that way, fill your car and pay once you were ready to leave. But then finally one idiot too many tried to fill up and race race off without paying.... killing someone in the process.  Now you pay first by swiping your card (or you have to hand enough cash to the employee), pump your gas and off you go. That is Prepaid Cell Service too. 

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

@xuejunli wrote:

the transaction has been showing in my credit card statement. but I can't see the long-distance add-on showing in my account. it should be the long distance add-on to China. Please let me know what happen. thanks

The free add-on included China. You've had a community account since the summer. Did you have service throughout December? Why wouldn't you have picked up the free long distance add-on? Or did you use it all up already? 🙂

If you added the $15 to your plan a while ago and neglected to do the second step then your next renewal will or would have used that $15. 

@xuejunli wrote:

omg. the process is so weird. thanks

It is too.

Log into your account. Click Purchase Add-ons. You'll see the menu with your add-on is on the left side about half way down.

Make sure you have the $15 in Available Funds.

xuejunli

omg. the process is so weird. thanks

kaytus
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

It is 2 steps process.

(i) add fund to your account.u need $15 + tax. 

(ii) pick up your addon to finish it.

I hope it can help.

Happy New Year

@xuejunli wrote:

it's not there. I checked a few times. thanks

You likely have the $15 in Available Funds...now go back and actually buy the add-on you want.

Restart phone and call China.

xuejunli

it charged to my credit card

xuejunli

it's not there. I checked a few times. thanks

kb_mv
Mayor / Maire

@xuejunli wrote:

@xuejunli Is there $15 showing in your account as available funds? If yes you need to go back to the add on and purchase it.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@xuejunli 

Purchasing add on is a two step process.  Need to load funds, then purchase add on.  Here is some additional information:

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@xuejunli wrote:

Log into your account and look in my Data and add-ons to see if the calling add-on is actually in your account.

Need Help? Let's chat.