cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need to confirm my plan with public mobile was canceled when I ported my number to a new carrier

Karleyfeitler
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I need to confirm my plan with public mobile was canceled when I ported my number to a new carrier. I am on auto pay. And I am unable to change the auto pay  as I can no longer log onto my public mobile self serve portal once I ported the number 

7 REPLIES 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Karleyfeitler : There have been the odd sporadic reports of people saying they got charged even after porting out and everything closed. So just keep an eye out on your payment card around the time that it used to renew. If no charge, done. If you see a charge then come back here and contact the moderators.

Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

You wont get charge

rliu1993
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

No worry.it cancel when you port out!

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@Karleyfeitler 

Once your number is ported, the prior account is closed.  

I wouldn't be concerned about Public Mobile using the auto-payment UNLESS you were porting out at or around the time your next scheduled renewal was being processed.

If that's not the case, you're fine.

If you wish to be CERTAIN your payment card is removed from Public Mobile's systems, you can request they remove and delete any record of your payment card.   It is your right to request this as it is your payment card information.

To do this, contact Public Mobile Moderators and give them your account name & phone number you had with Public Mobile.   

To contact a moderator, there are 2 methods:

1. Use the ticketing system for a faster response time. Click here and type moderator assistance, then select account-related issue, then select you need a human now.  Follow the prompts to submit a ticket,  or, 
  2. Send a private message to the moderator by clicking here  You’ll need to be logged into your Community account for the link to work.

Watch for their response in your Community private mailbox which will be indicated by a number on the small envelope icon to the left of your Community avatar.

JK8
Mayor / Maire

@Karleyfeitler wrote:

I need to confirm my plan with public mobile was canceled when I ported my number to a new carrier. I am on auto pay. And I am unable to change the auto pay  as I can no longer log onto my public mobile self serve portal once I ported the number 

Your account is closed automatically on port out. This is a CRTC rule. You cannot log in due to your account being closed.

@Karleyfeitler wrote:

Try your Public Mobile SIM card to see if it stil works. Also, unless you answered a text message that Public Mobile would have sent you, the number would have never ported to your new carrier.  Did you responds to such a message?  But yes, the fact that you can no longer get into your Public Mobile account is generally a good indication that the account has been closed.

dlambro
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Karleyfeitler  If you have already ported your number to a new carrier and your number works with that carrier, then your Public Mobile account has automatically been cancelled.  The porting process cancels the old plan which you are leaving.

Need Help? Let's chat.