cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need my money back

pyee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

So I wanted to get a $10 add on US Roaming 250MB. So clicked submit and I added $10. But the same screen was still there, so I thought it didn't go through. So I clicked submit again only to realize that the amount was $110. So added the $10 plus another $110. 

So bottomline I want my $110 back. Thanks.

19 REPLIES 19

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Alan_K wrote:

@srlawren Made the change this morning, you should see it reflected in both places now. Thanks for flagging!

@Alan_K thank you for listening and promptly correcting.  I really appreciate it!  Just a follow-up suggestion:  you [/your team] needs some checklists for when things like operating hours change and where it needs to be updated.  Ideally this type of critical information would never be out of date (or, only for a VERY short amount of time).  SOPs are very 20th century but sometimes they make your life a lot easier!

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Alan_K
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@srlawren wrote:

@dabr wrote:

So depending on which link you select, you'll get two different moderator hours schedule.  Should have added why the need for information to be updated properly, but I don't believe PM gets the resources it needs to do that.

@dabr honestly, this is a 5-10 min job for them, similar to editing your own post here in the community.  There is zero excuse for this not having been updated by now.  Zero.  @Alan_K are you out there?

@srlawren Made the change this morning, you should see it reflected in both places now. Thanks for flagging!

srlawren

@dabr wrote:

So depending on which link you select, you'll get two different moderator hours schedule.  Should have added why the need for information to be updated properly, but I don't believe PM gets the resources it needs to do that.

@dabr honestly, this is a 5-10 min job for them, similar to editing your own post here in the community.  There is zero excuse for this not having been updated by now.  Zero.  @Alan_K are you out there?

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

@computergeek541 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And the very page you linked to has the wrong hours!

@Anonymous dumb question but: are you 100% sure they are the wrong hours?  @Alan_K can you please check if the How To Get Help page has the wrong hours?

100% It was changed back in early March I think for the legacy retirement. As is for a lot of pages around here...inconsistencies reign.

The moderators hours being listed in the Knowledge Base articles are incorrect.  This has been reported around the community for a couple of months now.   The new Get Help pages do contain the correct hours.

At https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/moderator-hours-of-operation , it says : 

"

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time."

At https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/251759 , it says:

"Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time."

@Anonymous wrote:

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous dumb question but: are you 100% sure they are the wrong hours?  @Alan_K can you please check if the How To Get Help page has the wrong hours?

100% It was changed back in early March I think for the legacy retirement. As is for a lot of pages around here...inconsistencies reign.

The moderators hours being listed in the Knowledge Base articles are incorrect.  This has been reported around the community for a couple of months now.   The new Get Help pages do contain the correct hours.

At https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/bc/get-help/articles/moderator-hours-of-operation , it says : 

"

• Monday to Friday from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time."

At https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/The-Public-Mobile-Moderator-Team/ta-p/251759 , it says:

"Moderators are available:

• Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 9 PM Eastern time.
  • Saturday and Sunday from 9 AM to 7:30 PM Eastern time."

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

srlawren

@Anonymous wrote:

Anonymous
Not applicable

@srlawren wrote:

@computergeek541 wrote:

You're right that there are some contradictions in some of the available information posted on the website. An example of that would be the moderator hours.

@computergeek541 @dabr this is why we should be referring people to the knowledge base rather than repeating the information over and over as most do.  Referring to the KB article will always provide up-to-date info.  How to Get Help - Community

The site would need a complete going through to make sure there's no redundancies or incorrect information. That takes time. Time costs money. Not gonna happen.

srlawren

@computergeek541 wrote:

You're right that there are some contradictions in some of the available information posted on the website. An example of that would be the moderator hours.

@computergeek541 @dabr this is why we should be referring people to the knowledge base rather than repeating the information over and over as most do.  Referring to the KB article will always provide up-to-date info.  How to Get Help - Community

@computergeek541 wrote:

@dabr wrote:

I've read suggestions from some of the oracles that PM is no longer requiring personal information during the initial message sent as a security precaution.  That information will be required during the verification process via the special link provided by the moderator responding to OP message.  However, I think this new detail hasn't been updated in PM's information page which creates some confusion.

Not only is is not required, Public Mobile doesn't actually want customers sending account information in the private message.  You're right that there are some contradictions in some of the available information posted on the website. An example of that would be the moderator hours.

Yes it would be really helpful if PM when introducing new protocols aimed at improving their system, that the original informational postings cannot also be changed.  I'm guessing parent company Telus does not provide enough resources to PM to enable a quick and relevant updates. 

@dabr wrote:

I've read suggestions from some of the oracles that PM is no longer requiring personal information during the initial message sent as a security precaution.  That information will be required during the verification process via the special link provided by the moderator responding to OP message.  However, I think this new detail hasn't been updated in PM's information page which creates some confusion.

Not only is is not required, Public Mobile doesn't actually want customers sending account information in the private message.  You're right that there are some contradictions in some of the available information posted on the website. An example of that would be the moderator hours.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@smp99 wrote:

Doubtful but maybe. You can keep the money in there and it will last about a year on the $10

Regardless 

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@pyee wrote:

So I wanted to get a $10 add on US Roaming 250MB. So clicked submit and I added $10. But the same screen was still there, so I thought it didn't go through. So I clicked submit again only to realize that the amount was $110. So added the $10 plus another $110. 

@pyee  Like others have mentioned just ask the moderator for help they are very helpful and should be able to do a chargeback for you.

pyee
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks, ya I'll just wait for my upcoming renewal. 

popping

@pyee 

PM system will not let you purchase the same US roaming add-on again until the first on expired.  Therefore, you should only have one $10 data add-on.  The extra $110 will be in your account as "available fund".which will be used for the future renewals.

I had read posts that the refund will take 3 months or more to get your refund from PM.  If you have a high price plan, it may be faster to use your available fund faster than requesting a refund.  If you have more than one PM account, you can request moderator to move some of the available fund to another account.

Moderator wait time is 2 - 3 days. 

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Public Mobile doesn't really have a good infrastructure for providing refunds as the service agreement explicitly provides that there are no refunds.  Refunds are really goodwill gestures.  Expect a long lead time.  Otherwise, just keep the funds in the account for future renewals.  

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@pyee 

As others have said, contact the Moderator for possible refund.

Lesson I learned: Whenever making purchases online. Always proceed with caution before pressing CONFIRM/SUBMIT again.
If you already pressed it once, open another tab on your browser to check your account status and also to see if your credit card was charged.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@pyee wrote:

Reach the moderator as said above and see what they can do for you in this particular transaction. Waiting time is few hours to 2 days. Be patient.

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Doubtful but maybe. You can keep the money in there and it will last about a year on the $10

Regardless 

To resolve this issue you will need to send a private message to the moderator team. They are available 7 days/week but not 24/7. Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderators.

Include your name, PM phone number, account number, 4-digit PIN and a brief description of the problem. 

Need Help? Let's chat.