cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on the 6.5 g plan and only used 5.5 gs of data but its kicked me???

mccutcha
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Please help! I'm on the 6.5 g plan and only used 5.5 gs of data but its kicked me??? Like I need that last g for the rest of month 😪 does anyone know how I can get it back or working? Ir am I just out of luck?

Thanks for anyone who takes the time.

12 REPLIES 12

mccutcha

For some reason this link isn't giving me anything.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@slash407 wrote:

seems fishy, did u look at ur history? look and record ur history and then contact the mods, demand compensation if they are shorting u.

@slash407  999 times out of 1000*, when someone on the community posts about incorrect data usage amounts, it turns out to be something other than PM's usage tracking being incorrect.  

*not a actual statistic; my semi-educated guess based on 3.5 years of experience in the community

@mccutcha I see you've selected the message I quoted above as the solution.  Have you done the other troubleshooting steps that others have mentioned so far in the thread?  Have you verified what if anything shows in my add-ons and data on the Overview page in your self-serve account?  Have you verified your phone's data usage limit settings?  To me, these are much simpler than spending the time to add up all the data events in your usage history and "demanding compensation" as suggested.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Eddy_G
Customer Support Agent

I've sent mccutcha a link to verify the account.

Eddy

PM Mod

jeremiah10
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hey Mccutcha,
first off i would suggest to check online as how much data has been used. On top give it 24 hours to reflect the data usage on account as it is not updated right away. Last solution i would say is give a message to the mods and ask them about a solution.
Thanks

@mccutcha wrote:

Could you also tell me how to get ahold of a mod? Can't find the link.

In my last message @mccutcha ..here...

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

And don't forget waiting time is few hours to 2 days..be patient..

mccutcha

Could you also tell me how to get ahold of a mod? Can't find the link.

srlawren

@RobertQc wrote:

Likely its your local phone doing a restriction.

Check self serve and see if you have data left, if you do 99% chance your phone has set an internal data limit.

@mccutcha as the others have said, check your self-serve Overview page.  If you have data left, check your phone as @RobertQc  has indicated.  The place to look will vary from model to model but try searching your settings app for "data usage", and there's probably a limit setting there.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

RobertQc
Mayor / Maire

Likely its your local phone doing a restriction.

Check self serve and see if you have data left, if you do 99% chance your phone has set an internal data limit.

Alex888
Mayor / Maire
@mccutcha Does your account still show that you have data? If it's not showing data on the main page then you used it all. If you have data left check the settings on your phone, some setting and data monitoring apps will cut of data access after you have reach a certain amount to prevent overage charges. Those charges aren't an issue with PM but may still be set up to block data.

Lieux
Oracle
Oracle

@mccutcha wrote:

Please help! I'm on the 6.5 g plan and only used 5.5 gs of data but its kicked me??? Like I need that last g for the rest of month 😪 does anyone know how I can get it back or working? Ir am I just out of luck?

@mccutcha wrote:

Do you see your data usage in your first page of your self serve account? If yes You can try to write a message to the moderator here for having explications...https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437 waiting time is few hours to 2 days..

If no you see it elsewhere...it will be difficult to justify your data ...

mimmo

Does the addon show in self serve? If not you have used it up. If it shows then it's probably a phone setting ie data limit. Data a cedently turned off etc. 

Answer the first question then we can guide you to troubleshooting or other options

tehowennathe
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You should of gotten the text to warn you that you where near your limit. Never used all my data so not sure if you would of gotten a text saying 100% used. Best to contact a mod and have them look into issue if you still have data left over.

Need Help? Let's chat.