cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm on a data plan .. so why can i buy talk mins if I can't use them ?

scott1
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

54 REPLIES 54

scott1

Ohh .. and yes there is a phone number at the top of the  screen

scott1

Yes sir .. on data plan only now and I can buy  talk/text add ons.. pretty weird ..

ChuckYeah
Mayor / Maire

i guess it's like when you go to Walmart you can buy Preparation H even if you don't have hemroids, lol.

bhavpate4

i agree dont call them scammer . just be little nice to them and explan i am sure they will help. they want to earn business not loose it. just email moderator and they will sure help.

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@scott1 When you login into your selfserve account select the Plan & Addons tab, does it show a phone number? If no, then you can't use the addon. But I agree with you that the system should not allow you to purchase the addon if a talk plan is required.

Also are you saying that if you have a data only plan with Koodo you can purchase a talk/text addon?

@scott1 wrote:

So what you are saying is that I can't renew my plan again the same one that I had before? .. there was only 10 days left on the plan anyways but the gigs we're gone.. so why couldn't I just pay for the plan again?? As in now ? There's the glitch number one.. 

@scott1 Currently the only way you can renew the same plain early is to message the moderators to do it for you. The current system does not allow you to do it online. Your only options online is to switch to a different plan out purchase a 1GB data addon fot $30.

To contact Public Mobile click here. The link  sends you to the private message function and adds the moderator team as recipient for a private message. You just have to enter a title and text in the body of the message describing the problem and post. The message will be received by the moderator team and they will respond to it. You will receive the response in your private message inbox.

Moderators are available: M-F from 8 AM to midnight Eastern time and S-S from 8 AM to 10 PM Eastern time.

Note: Moderator Hours are subject to change, but you can always find the current times here

Please note that account verification may be required when contacting the Moderator Team 

Master2000
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

You can buy them in advanced and delay a change plan when your actual plan expire. That can be bad for some but good for others. With Public Mobile you can make any changes without fees.

dabr
Mayor / Maire

@scott1 wrote:

Rashly?? My fault ??

Ummm .... what ? Lol .. 

So I can't restart my plan because of their glitch ...and that's my fault ??? Awesome.. than I try to Gerry rigg thier glitch and spend more money to fix their problem and get screwed .. but it's my fault ...im having fun here .. as In sarcasm.. I didn't even care about spending a bit more money to get my data and talk at least .. but this is the camel that broke the straws back 

The PM system doesn't allow purchase of your existing plan before renewal, only the moderators can change it for you, however, you could have tried to change to a similar plan under build your own plans and then future dated to your current upon the next renewal.  It is frustrating for sure to have to do it this way, but it's not a scam and I believe moderators will try and resolve the situation for you as suggested above.

scott1

So what you are saying is that I can't renew my plan again the same one that I had before? .. there was only 10 days left on the plan anyways but the gigs we're gone.. so why couldn't I just pay for the plan again?? As in now ? There's the glitch number one.. 

@Master2000  hi I understand what you are saying it is a glitch but do you see (6 talk option required)?

scott1

Rashly?? My fault ??

Ummm .... what ? Lol .. 

So I can't restart my plan because of their glitch ...and that's my fault ??? Awesome.. than I try to Gerry rigg thier glitch and spend more money to fix their problem and get screwed .. but it's my fault ...im having fun here .. as In sarcasm.. I didn't even care about spending a bit more money to get my data and talk at least .. but this is the camel that broke the straws back 

Master2000

Capture.PNGCapture2.PNGCapture3.PNGCapture4.PNG

@scott1  hi no one at pm is trying to scam you contact the moderators and they will help straighten out your issues (don't call them scammers that won't help)here is the link https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/notes/composepage/note-to-user-id/22437

bravo_md

GREAT!!!     Yahoooo!!!!

scott1

Lol .. thinking I'll go back to koodo.. 60 bucks for 10 gigs unlimited talk and text .. no scams there .. actual service people to talk to .. never been scammed by koodo... lol .. same telus towers being used .. 

If there's a way to find a glitch in a system I'll find it .. where is my white hat hacker money ??? 

Psygineer
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@scott1 wrote:

I was on a 8.5 gig with talk and text ..  ran out of gigs so I tryed to renew my plan .. had enough money .. didnt work twice so i had to get a diffrent plan .. only one good enough is data only for the amount of gigs i need .. so i bought add on talk .. but you cant use add on talk if you dont have it on your plan .. scam .. took my money .. i cant use it ... scam scam scam .. fix your glitches  public mobile.. yes pleural as In I just found many glitches in your system .. non refundable pfft scam

You can't change to a plan you are already on. When you "paid again" you were just topping up the account. You made a mistake, it isn't a scam. Sounds like you tried to top up your plan twice, then randomly decided to change to a new plan (which throws away anything remaining on your current plan). I'm afraid no matter how many times I read this, I don't see the scam they pulled. If you don't understand something, the forums here are happy to try to help you with suggestions. It's much better to ask first than to randomly change plans a bunch of times and costing yourself money for no reason.

At this point all you can do is hit the envelope on the upper right and send a ticket to the moderators. They may be able to help you, although, they are under no obligation to refund you, they will sometimes take pitty on people who are obviously confused. Just try to be nice when you message and avoid spamming the word scam when it was your own fault entirely for acting so rashly.

Master2000

None of talk add-on can be use with “DATA Only” plan. But add-on (except US roaming) never expire. They will stay if you change plan and also if your account is suspended less than 90 days. You will be able to use it in future if you change for a plan with talk.

scott1

Yup .. glitch in the system .. scam 

Scam scam scam 

bravo_md

I knew it from the tone of your original question.      Bad news.

scott1

So why can i buy them if I can't use them ?.. scam 

scott1

I was on a 8.5 gig with talk and text ..  ran out of gigs so I tryed to renew my plan .. had enough money .. didnt work twice so i had to get a diffrent plan .. only one good enough is data only for the amount of gigs i need .. so i bought add on talk .. but you cant use add on talk if you dont have it on your plan .. scam .. took my money .. i cant use it ... scam scam scam .. fix your glitches  public mobile.. yes pleural as In I just found many glitches in your system .. non refundable pfft scam

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@scott1 , from what I understand the calling add-ons are intended to be an add-on that augment included minutes.  If you have no minutes in the plan, then you can't get the purchase the extra minutes.

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@scott1 

Unfortunately, you need a talk feature to get addional long distance talk minutes.  It is in the terms and conditions.

Add-Ons are available for use only with an active plan. Long distance Add-Ons require a monthly talk feature on the rate plan.

PM website is fairly basic.  I guess that it still let you buy the add on even though you can't use it.   

bravo_md

What the heck are you trying to ask??   

Need Help? Let's chat.