cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m going on vacation !!

BeccaBoo9149
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hello,

Does anyone know the best package to get if i’m going over seas and would like to have data?

thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

If you have access to wifi, you could use Skype.

Depending on where you are traveling, gigsky Sim & plan maybe an option if coverage is available.

TheOldVR
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

I love Fongo... but recently I have been buying local SIM cards - some countries have awesome deals for visitors.

For example:

Fiji gave 1GB of data plus calls for free for 5 days

Australia had 6 gigs of data for 30 days for $20

Sooo... where we all goin on vacation OP? Smiley Very Happy

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@LovesToPM wrote:

@BeccaBoo9149  Unfortunately Public Mobile offers roaming only in US.

Which country or countries are you going to?

You're best option may be to get a local prepaid SIM/plan and use an APP like Fongo, TextNow, etc.
Other countries typically offer much cheaper data rates when compared to Canadian carriers.

Fongo and TextNow will also work with wifi, if you decide not to go for the local SIM card  route.

LovesToPM
Mayor / Maire

@BeccaBoo9149  Unfortunately Public Mobile offers roaming only in US.

Which country or countries are you going to?

You're best option may be to get a local prepaid SIM/plan and use an APP like Fongo, TextNow, etc.
Other countries typically offer much cheaper data rates when compared to Canadian carriers.

JaimeLaPizza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

My understanding is that you can get an add-on for texting and/or data in the US... and that is it.  There are no plans if you are going outside of Canada and US.  This has something to do with Public Mobile having agreements with carriers outside of Canada.. and PM would have, unless I am wrong, such agreements with US carriers only.

@BeccaBoo9149 wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know the best package to get if i’m going over seas and would like to have data?

thanks

There are no packages that you can purcahse from Public Mobile to get your current phone service to work outside of Canada and the United States.  For internet usage, you would either have to use Wi-Fi or purchase a cellular service package from a carrier who offers service there. (thread moved to Plans & Add-ons)

Need Help? Let's chat.