cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm getting conflicting numbers on data usage

FlipFone
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Hi All, For my pay period my phone says I've used 3.02 GB. Public Mobile summary page: 4398 MB When I go and add up my data usage, on a daily basis, from the PM Usage History: 3663 MB Which number do I trust? Thanks in advance, FlipFone
5 REPLIES 5

FlipFone
Hi there Dunkman Mayor! What is the PM data tracker? Thanks for the reply?

FlipFone
Thanks for the reply! Here's my comments, in all caps, sorry, since I can't see how to format otherwise. I'm not yelling at you 😉 Are you factoring in that PM doesn't run month to month and is 30/90 days at a time. NOT SURE WHAT YOU MEAN BY THAT. MY PHONE IS SET UP TO TRACK DATA FOR A 30 DAY PERIOD THAT COINCIDES WITH MY MONTHLY RENEWAL DATE. If your tracker reset on August 1st, but your plan didn't renew on that day it would be the source of the disparity. If you are just adding it up on your account like you suggested, are you sure you are looking at all of the days your current paid period has been running? YES, I WENT TO THE DAILY USAGE SUMMARY PAGE AND ADDED UP THE MBS OF DATA FOR EACH DAY SO FAR IN MY PAY PERIOD.

@Dunkman wrote:

@FlipFone 

PM data tracker is usually accurate.  Others have questioned the tracker in the past, but usually PM data counter is correct.  If you have serious concerns, you could contact moderator.  

The PM tracker is the number to look for.  Loss of data to your device is still counted, even if you don’t receive it.  On device apps not set for for 30 or 90-day cycles will fall out of sync if not manually adjusted.

@FlipFone 

PM data tracker is usually accurate.  Others have questioned the tracker in the past, but usually PM data counter is correct.  If you have serious concerns, you could contact moderator.  

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Are you factoring in that PM doesn't run month to month and is 30/90 days at a time. If your tracker reset on August 1st, but your plan didn't renew on that day it would be the source of the disparity. If you are just adding it up on your account like you suggested, are you sure you are looking at all of the days your current paid period has been running?

Need Help? Let's chat.