cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I m able to call International numbers but I did not purchased it

user2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi Everyone,

I have joined PM 2 days ago and I am on $50 plan that includes unlimited Canada and US calling. But I am able to call other countries too.

My questions are, 

1. Will PM charge me for making those international calls, thought I should not be able to make those calls?

2. If they charge me how they adjust it? I mean as its a pre paid plan I have already paid in advance for this current month.

3. How can I disable international calls( except US calling)?

N.B: I have $27 in my account ($2 for auto renewal and $25 for referral)

2 REPLIES 2

user2018
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Probably my mistake. I tried calling 2 days before, the day I ported out from other operator. And it worked. However I have just tried and now I am hearring an announncement that saying I can not make this call.

Thank you @will13am for clarification

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

@user2018, are you sure you did not purchase the long distance add-on.  Public Mobile is a prepaid service.  There are never any bill surprises.  If you did not purchase a service first, you will not get acces to it.  To answer your questions:

1.  The prepaid add-on for international calling is $15 for 400 minutes.  This add-on must be purchased in advance in order to make a successful international call.

2.  There are no adjustments to the base plan.  The long distance add-on is a separate feature.  Once purchased, the minutes stay in the account and do not expire. 

3.  Generally phone dialers do not have a disable function for calling.  Anyway, there is no need for such a feature with the service.  If you did not purchase the add-on, there will be no charges for attempting an international call.  If the long distance add-on was purchased, a wrong number call will probably cost a minute of usage which is less than 4c. 

One last thing, the international calling on this service is only to a select number of countries.  The list is covered in this knowledge base article.

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Plans-amp-Add-Ons/ta-p/250167

Need Help? Let's chat.