cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm Going To The States Next Week, Does Public Mobile Have Roaming Text, Data, And Call Addons?

BoomDigital
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I want to make sure that I can receive calls and text from Canada with my same public mobile sim card, number etc. I also want 4 gbs of data as well. How do I set this up?

5 REPLIES 5

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@BoomDigital 

I am not going to repeat what was said on this thread.

When you arrive at your US destination your US roaming add-on or plan,

1.  enable data and roaming. 

2.  restart your phone.  You phone will connect to AT&T or T-Mobile netowrk.  The APN will be setup for you on the connected network.

sunflowershine
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@BoomDigital You can think about having Roam Mobility, but you need to buy a new SIM card. You will have a number that you can forward your current to the US number when you travel. Roam Mobility charges by day and unlimited data. 

https://roammobility.com/ 

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@BoomDigital wrote:

I want to make sure that I can receive calls and text from Canada with my same public mobile sim card, number etc. I also want 4 gbs of data as well. How do I set this up?

@BoomDigital  Best to switch to the $60 plan. you will get 2GB of data and then you can add a US Roaming data add-on as needed.

Another option is to purchase a prepaid card when you are down there. Something like this

but you will need to select a US number for it to work.

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

@BoomDigital wrote:

US Roaming6
For 10 Days
U.S. Talk, Text and Data Bundle
Unlimited Talk, International Text and 250MB Data for just $20 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk and Text Bundle
Unlimited Talk and International Text for just $15 for 10 days.
U.S. Talk Only
Unlimited Talk for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Text Only
Unlimited International Text for just $8 for 10 days.
U.S. Data Only
250MB Data for $10, 500MB Data for $15 and 1GB Data for $20 for 10 days.

Log into My Account and add funds from your valid credit card that's on your account file, to Available Funds.
Then go to Purchase Add-ons and select the 10 Day US Roaming Add-on feature that you want.
Be aware that the 10 days start right away, so today is Day 1.
Plan will start working in USA, but you might have to manually select either of AT&T or T-Mobile..whichever is better.

GinYVR
Mayor / Maire

Yes Public Mobile has Roaming Text, Data and Call Add ons to the States.

Follow this guide by @srlawren 

However for your 4Gb data you will need to purchase 1Gb use it up or wait until it expire before you can get another one.

Need Help? Let's chat.