cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I keep getting texts saying I don't have text messaging with my plan?

Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi, I just subscribed to a plan (canada wide text and call + 500mb 3g) and became a pm customer 15 minutes ago, but I am repeatedly getting texts saying that my plan does not include text messaging. Is this a problem with porting my number from a different service provider? otherwise is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

24 REPLIES 24

Klane
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I have te same issue, it prevents me from calling or texting even though I do have mins and unlimited texting.  It means I have had to keep a second phone because I never know when or how long my PM phone will stop working.

alyssamochi

@00962 wrote:

Hi, I just subscribed to a plan (canada wide text and call + 500mb 3g) and became a pm customer 15 minutes ago, but I am repeatedly getting texts saying that my plan does not include text messaging. Is this a problem with porting my number from a different service provider? otherwise is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Was your issue solved? Mine wasn't .my number is still not ported and it's been a week . I'm using iphone 8 .

alyssamochi

the freedom mobile sim card stopped. no more signal there. and when i ported. it says its successful. but for some reasons it didnt port. and i also dont have text messaging even on that Public Mobile number.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@alyssamochi  maybe start your own thread. and we can work from there.

why do you think you have a failed port?  typically failed ports a you can make calls using new number but call still go to old sim.  if your old sim no longer works 99% of the time your port is sucsessful.

alyssamochi

Not yet, i guess my first priority right now is have my number sucessfuly ported...

and i dont know where to get help on this.

mimmo

yes

• canada talk + text + 500mb 3g data = $30 and 
  • 500mb 3g data = $30

yes, thanks! thats what i was asking about...

probably should have made this clearer from the start but my credit card has been charged the full 30+ tax already (I believe with or without text/call, the build your own plan for 500mb data is $30 + tax ... please correct me if i am wrong)

mimmo

@NDesai@00962   was asking about doing an immediate plan change so he/she could get his service running without waiting for mods, as they need serice tomorrow am.

@00962I have always had good interactions with mods, and they have tended to be pretty accomodating. In your situation if you can't wait  and need to take things in your own hand then do what is best for you,  and ask mods kindly. 

also you never said what your payment history stated, it could be possible you only got charged for the data plan, and not the full plan. 

it's such a frustrating issue! I would've stuck with my original provider for a few more days if I knew that public mobile would be like this (I don't think I've heard of this issue with other users before either...)! I could go without data for a few days but not having basic call and text functions (having to tell your contacts not to call/text you for the time being too!) despite having already paid for it is frustrating and annoying... really hope PM fixes this issue soon!

mimmo

@alyssamochi  have you read the previous posts?  have you gone through what was suggested in thoses posts?  what are the results?

Having a similar issue does not however mean you have the same problem.

alyssamochi

I am getting the same message too.

But most importantly i ported a number. it says successful but the fact is its not. 

The number i ported is not active anymore and yet its not ported. Can someone helped us with this... I need to have this number working for a call and text message. 

Thanks.

@00962 wrote:

Hmmm. i dont urgently need call right now but will likely need it tomorrow morning. i will probably have to pay to subscribe to a plan tonight again...

this is probably not a common question but if i switch to a cheaper plan, would public mobile be more likely to refuse crediting my account the amount I paid? (I know theres no guarantee in getting my money back but if anyone has heard about similar situations and can help me out that would be great!)

cause I dont see why I should subscribe to a more expensive plan ($30 vs $25) right now just to get the call/text functions back... 

Better to change the plan to take affect on your next renewal date. From your account, select the special plan and click on the Change on your next renewal date to futuredate the change. When your renewal is nearby, make sure you have enough balance prior to renewal of the new plan if you are not on AutoPay. This special deal will expire tomorrow, so it does not hurt to set to change on your next renewal date rather than missing out. 

Hmmm. i dont urgently need call right now but will likely need it tomorrow morning. i will probably have to pay to subscribe to a plan tonight again...

this is probably not a common question but if i switch to a cheaper plan, would public mobile be more likely to refuse crediting my account the amount I paid? (I know theres no guarantee in getting my money back but if anyone has heard about similar situations and can help me out that would be great!)

cause I dont see why I should subscribe to a more expensive plan ($30 vs $25) right now just to get the call/text functions back... 

mimmo

you don't need to enable autopay for the plan. if you enable autopay you get the bonus data mentioned after the + , otherwise you just get the first part.  

you can enable or disable autopay whenever  you like.  there is discussion(uncertainty) if disabling autopay will remove the bonus forever or if it will return.  I think it comes back.

when i subscribed, autopay was in the title of that offer so i assumed that i would have to be an autopay user.... (which I am trying to avoid since i wont need my phone for a couple of months starting next month) have i misunderstood the plan? in that case, i won't be able to use this offer instead anyways by any chance since ive paid, right..?

@00962 wrote:

it shows that my plan only has data (but i selected the build your own plan option with data + canada wide call and intl text... neither of those things have showed up, I'm guessing a problem happened somewhere in the process) & my balance is at $0

Is there a reason you chose build your own plan? As a special offer, there is a better deal for what you picked. For the same services you chose and 500MB more data (1GB total), costs $25 instead of $30 that you chose. 

@00962 wrote:

I can no longer send/receive texts (I am still repeatedly getting the same message about text not being included in my plan and there are no records of text messages in the usage section on the self serve page)

I cannot make calls either (a recorded message tells me that my plan does not include call).

im using an unlocked iphone 8.

Yes, it seems like an issue with your plan. Mods will be able to check. iPhone is known to send text messages to verify apple services. Since you are currently unable to texts, it is notifying you that you don't have any texts services. I do not think it has anything to do with porting. 

mimmo

@00962  what does your payment history show?  

Its good that yoyu messaged teh mods, I am not sure of their current reply time 9i think its around 24 hours.  if you urgently need phone  service then i would do an immediate plan change to the plan you want, and ask the mods for some goodwill and ask them to credit your account (for next renewal) the amount you paid when you signed up.  there is no guarantee, but they are usually pretty good with these type of  things.   

I can no longer send/receive texts (I am still repeatedly getting the same message about text not being included in my plan and there are no records of text messages in the usage section on the self serve page)

I cannot make calls either (a recorded message tells me that my plan does not include call).

im using an unlocked iphone 8.

thank you so much!

it shows that my plan only has data (but i selected the build your own plan option with data + canada wide call and intl text... neither of those things have showed up, I'm guessing a problem happened somewhere in the process) & my balance is at $0

Ive sent the moderator team a message and hopefully they can help me fix this

thank you so much though!

@00962 wrote:

I got the text and restarted my phone but am still getting the same text message about not having text messaging. (ive received the same message 6 times now) - any ideas as to how i can fix this?

Can you send/receive texts to any number? If yes, what phone do you have?

mimmo

can you  check that the texting portion was added correctly to your plan?  loginto selfserve and have a look at your plan details.( expand it if possible)

is there an available balance greater than $2 ( if yes this usually signifies there was an issue with the creation of your plan

if all looks good you can try the lost stolen trick.  selfserve ->plans and addons -> lost stolen toggle the lost stolen mode for a couple minutes, this can act as an account soft reset.

if all that fails you will likley need to send a private message to moderator_team and ask them to look into your account.

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@00962 Seems like your phone itself is trying to send text messages to verify some services. Login to your self-serve account and review the Usage history. See if there is any info on what text number it is trying to send texts to. It could also be an issue with your activation. When your port successfully completes (when old carrier sim stop working), see if you still have this issue. If yes, send a private message to the Moderator_Team and have them check your account to see if it was activated properly with all services. 

I got the text and restarted my phone but am still getting the same text message about not having text messaging. (ive received the same message 6 times now) - any ideas as to how i can fix this?

Dogbert
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

1. Keep using your old carrier's SIM until it stops working

2. It'll take some time to port your number.  PM will text you when the port is complete.

3. You'll most likely need to reboot your phone.

Should be good to go.

Need Help? Let's chat.