cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just purchased 200MB data add-on, but I can’t seem to connect to Goolge map

Minhtamfam
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

CD4CE227-C192-4346-AF37-C7FCD00E626F.png

I tried to turned of wifi and turned on Celulla data multiple time to search on Google Map, and it never loads. Pleae help!

4 REPLIES 4

Minhtamfam

Yeah I turned Safari on when tested data but then turned it off since I only want to use my data for Google Map, and not any other apps.

I also turned off Wifi Assist too. I turned my phone off and on and it seems like the Google Map is working with data now. So my issue is resolved!!

Not sure about the discrepancy on the data usage. I’ll keep in mind this issue to see if there’s any solution for this one.

Thank you everyone for your help.

@Minhtamfam From that screenshot you posted above, i see that you have Safari disabled for data use. Did you make sure you are on data and not on wifi when tested web sites? Or is the settings other way around? Having it on means it's disabled to use on data? I am not a hard core iPhone user so i can't tell. 

For the discrepancy on your data usage, iPhone is known to use extra bit of data to verify some services. It sometimes uses data if you have wifi assist enabled. 

Minhtamfam

I checked and noticed that I can load my website. Will try to turn off/ on my phone to see if it helps. 

Also, even though I just tried out the data, my phone said I only just used 1.7MB, but my public mobile account said I already used 5.2MB. Wonder what makes such discrepancy? 

Thank you so much!

D005D060-5D7F-43F2-AC45-8C0196DB6232.png

NDesai
Oracle
Oracle

@Minhtamfam Can you load any websites using your data? If yes, it might be an issue with your G maps app. If you can't load websites using data, then it's probably something wrong with your APN settings. 

Need Help? Let's chat.