cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I just bought $120 in data add ons and I still have zero balance

Carlone
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I live in a remote region and have terrible internet. I rely on hotspotting from my phone to do my job. I buy a lot of data add ons.

I just bought $120 in data add ons, my account shows the add ons are active, but when I try to hotspot, I get an error message showing zero balance on my phone. 

Very frustrating. I have deadlines today. I had to borrow my husband's phone to send this message.

16 REPLIES 16

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@srlawren wrote:

@Carlone you might want to consider switching up to Telus (or Bell or Rogers).  They routinely have sales on for 20 GB of full-speed data for $75/month, with unlimited (albeit slow, 512Kbps speed) data after that.  It would be cheaper than $50/8+several add-ons per month.

@Carlone FYI that sale I mentioned is on again, through next Monday (Aug 24) at Telus:

https://mobilesyrup.com/2020/08/14/telus-offering-75-20-gb-plan/

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

srlawren

@Carlone you might want to consider switching up to Telus (or Bell or Rogers).  They routinely have sales on for 20 GB of full-speed data for $75/month, with unlimited (albeit slow, 512Kbps speed) data after that.  It would be cheaper than $50/8+several add-ons per month.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

Carlone

I removed and reinstalled my sim card and that seems to have done the trick.

Thanks for the tips for cheaper data options, I'm using 12-15 GB per month and am on the $50 per month plan + data add ons. Looks like renewing early could save me a lot of money.

@Carlone I agree with @popping when speaking to moderators, ask them to just renew your plan. then save that $70 and use it for either another plan renew or just switch to the $40/5gb option. then go back to the $50/8.5gb when that's used up. 

popping

@Carlone 

Options to get more data:
1. If your current data limit does not meet your 30 days' need, you may change a plan with more data. You can do the plan from self-serve. You get your data back immediately with plan change.
2. If you want to renew the same plan early, you need to create a moderator support ticket using this link https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/. Moderator wait time is couple hours to 2 days. If your next renewal date is up to 2 days away, you may just on data diet for a few days until after renewal.
3. You can buy data add-ons $15 1GB data or $5 200MB data. Expensive option

When you run out of data, it is cheaper to renew early or change plan.

$50 8.5GB plan = cost $5.88/GB

$40 5GB plan = cost $8/GB

Cost of add-on data = $15/GB

If you don't want to get moderator to renew your plan early, you can do immediate plan change between the $50 and $40 plan. 

It is still cheaper to spend $120 for only 8GB add-on data.

Hoping you get your add-on issue sorted out quickly.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Carlone 

Do you have a data limiter set on your phone?

From what you've provided, it all sounds fine.

popping

@Carlone 

Buying add-on is a two step process.  First, add fund to your account.  Second, buy the add-on.

If you have $120 in your account as available fund, your have not purchase your data add-on yet.

If you have $0 available fund, do you see the data usage line on your overview page? 

If you account does not have the data usage line, you may have used your data OR something went wrong with your purchase.  Create moderator support ticket to ask moderator to check on it.

Is your phone working? Can you text or make / receive a call? Might it have suspended and needs to be put back into service? Sometimes the automatic renewals mess up and the phone lands in a suspended mode. Try its other functions for us.

AE_Collector

Is that data all add-on data? 8 x 1 Gb exactly which is the $120 you mention. What plan are you on? Have you used all your plan data and the add-on data doesn’t want to kick in?

AE_Collector

@Carlone 

There are 2 ways to contact the Moderator Team:

• Faster response- Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • Slower- Alternatively, you can send a private message to the Moderators by clicking here. You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

Once connected to Simon, you will be asked to log in again with your community user name and password.  Please do, this allows you to continue and send your message.
- Check your private message sent box (click on the envelope top right of your screen) to make sure the message was sent.

- Keep an eye on the envelope top right of your screen.  The mods answer will show up there.  When it does, you will be asked to verify your self service account, with your password and login. Doing so allows the process to continue. Stay safe. 

Carlone

Yes, I hotspot all the time and am currently hotspotting off my husband's phone.

Carlone

Available funds = 0

Remaining data = 8191 MB
Status = active

How do I message the moderators?

And you are on the $50 plan presumably if you regularly need more data than your plan has. And you are unable to access the internet directly on your phone, not just a Hotspot (for computer or tablet?) problem?

AE_Collector

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

After you purchase them then you need to add them to your account.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@Carlone did you do mobile hotspot before? Try restarting your phone, wait 30 seconds and restart it. Stay safe. 

gpixel
Mayor / Maire

@Carlone 

contact customer support here

type "data troubleshooting"

(use the chat bubble options, then click "submit a ticket, click me" option)
https://publicmobile.ca.ada.support/chat/

make sure to check your inbox(top right corner envelope icon) periodically, for a response

Need Help? Let's chat.