cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I joined Public Mobile before Jan 27 2015. How is my service changing?

Lachlan_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Customers who joined Public Mobile prior to January 27, 2015, are not affected by this change and can continue to enjoy their current base plan rates and support service, including enhanced online support.

20 REPLIES 20

Anonymous
Not applicable

i know but thanks a lot  Heart

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Anonymous they do that to keep their costs low and (theoretically at least) pass the savings along to you.  If you'd like to be able to pick up the phone to call someone any time you're having issues, there are plenty of other providers offering up that type of service.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

WOW... someone really went digging on this one.  This post is almost, if not over 2 years old.

Anonymous
Not applicable

i hope support service online support Customers service doing a chat live with agent,

better and fast to fix it the issue.

Good Luck

moustafa
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen
Not true
I never git help my plan was changed without my approval can not call center no way to reach a rep
Think I'll take it to consumer protection

Martin
Legend
Legend
Hello,

All customers, whether grandfathered or new, can call *611 in order to perform some of the functions found in their self-serve accounts.

The major difference between the two types of customers is that grandfathered ones can reach live customer assistance, whereas the new ones cannot. In the case of the latter, they must communicate with PM by web form only.

FYI.

Aari

You can still dial *611 with any public mobile phone regardless of your plan

@David wrote:

"[...] and Call Center support [...]"

What does that mean?  Does it mean that customers on new plans can't even call in for any reason, or can they still call in for support regarding their account?

We need more details on this.

chukdefatey
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire
^ Not sure why you need to reach Public Mobile, Since according to you, you paid two months ago which means your number is still active, simply Pay Again and you will be up and running.

bihis
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I haven't been able to reach anyone from Public Mobile for the past year. It went out of service less than 2 months after I renewed my service and I have been with out a cell phone for that entire period.

I want my number back. Now, I have a handset that Public Mobile support according to IMIE check I made earlier today.

I need to speak to someone... If no one is available then, instruction what you need to continue my service.

Martin
Legend
Legend
sohksh,

If you joined PM before that date, you are considered grandfathered, which means that nothing in your plan will change, including services and cost.

Keep this in mind: If you switch to one of the new plans and then decide to return to your grandfathered plan, PM will not allow you to do so.

As a result, if you are thinking about switching to a new plan, think very very carefully about that, because there is no going back to a grandfathered plan.

I hope that this answers your question.

Cheers

sohksh

sohksh

sohksh

henaanvar

no change

Jeremy_M
Retraité / Retired
Retraité / Retired

Hi Need_2_Know,

If you need to replace your SIM card, just go to publicmobile.ca/community and click on ‘Contact Us’.

Click the ‘Email Away’ button at the bottom right hand side of your screen. You will see a number of standard selections, choose ‘None of the above’

and an email form will pop up. Fill in the fields and click ‘Send’.

Important: Make sure you provide us a full mailing address, an alternate contact number, and the size of the SIM card (Nano/Standard/Micro) needed.

We’ll respond to you within 24 hours.

Once you receive your new SIM card follow the directions on this community post: http://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Getting-Started/How-do-I-replace-the-existing-SIM-with...

Thank you

IF you choose ADD-ONs like 1 Gig for $30, International 400 Mins for $15, These will NOT affect your Grandfathered plans in any way

What She means, is the Plan you have, let's say the $25 Unlimited Talk & Text Canada-wide, That's yours to keep for Life, No Joke at all.

BUT, BEWARE, IF YOU switch GRANDFATHERED PLAN in ANYWAY, Like the $50 4 Gig Data thing, Ol' Plan will BE PUT TO REST, & you lose all prior Benefits, Like Call Center.

BUT, ON GRANDFATHERED PLANS, PPL cannot be eligible for Rewards at this time.

CHOOSE WISELY

If you contact PM and explain what happened, They should be able to send you another Sim, and just enter current Info, your Grandfathered plan shouldn't be affected

Need_2_Know

Im one of the grandfathered. And since of late ive lost my phone. I was told that my stuff would carry over. But now that i have a new phone. How do i recieve a sim card for public mobile with the same plan?

David
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

"[...] and Call Center support [...]"

What does that mean?  Does it mean that customers on new plans can't even call in for any reason, or can they still call in for support regarding their account?

We need more details on this.

Need Help? Let's chat.