cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have used up my data, can I top up my data for just this month and if so how?

rcheng92
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have used up all my data before the next cycle. I am trying to find an option where I can just top up my data for the rest of the 4 days but can't seem to find an option to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks! 

11 REPLIES 11

mpcdesign
Mayor / Maire

@rcheng92, always remember to turn off your Data plan when not it use. Any app that needs data such as the internet running in the background may eat some of your data. So, to prevent it, just turn it off. And turn off wi-fi assist, this will also eat up that bandwidth too.

As well, turn on wi-fi as much as possible when needed vs using your data. 

For example, if you are at home, at a restaurant or at work, and their is wi-fi available, use that versus turning on your data. Why eat up your data and use it for places that there is no wi-fi! 

As well, if you subscribe to a cable service such as Shaw Cable as an example, I use Shaw Open. As a Shaw Internet customer, you can access a huge network of super-fast WiFi locations all over your city for no additional cost. So you can stay connected, whether you're sipping a latte, waiting for a train, or even working out at the gym. Once you register your mobile devices on Shaw Go WiFi, they will automatically connect every time you enter a Shaw Go WiFi hotspot. If you don't have cable, but your parents, or maybe, your partner parents do, and they don't use it, you could get them to register your phone through their account. Hey every little bit helps in saving a few extra bucks!

Simfang187
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Just go on the ad ons and add more data but 1gb for 30$ is crazy I have 5GB and I use it in a about a week we need more data maybe 15gb would be better 

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@tobadundee I agree. I just renewed mine. I had two days left and 50mb left. Much cheaper for me. 

tobadundee
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Don't waste your money. Just renew your plan early. and maybe control your data usage

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@Luddite excellent explanation!  Loving it.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

nimzcycles

Brilliant!  Thanks so much 

@nimzcycles It can take a little time to become accustomed to prepaid service. One pays up front for a block of service for a particular period of time. The advantage is that you can NEVER be charged extra because a service stops once the block has been consumed. The disadvantage is that there are no refunds for changing your plan in the middle. As you are new, dicuss your situation with the moderators to see what they can offer. But do not assume your will get a refund.

Click this: message to moderators to send a private message to the moderator team with your phone number, account PIN, and an explanation. Moderator hours are: Monday - Friday 9AM (ET) - 9PM (ET); Saturday - Sunday 9AM (ET) - 7:30PM (ET). Response is generally within few hours, but may take 24.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

mimmo

@nimzcycles what is your issue?  Used up your data in 6 days? If so you might want to get a plan with more data. 

As mentioned your options are limited to what was written above for data consumed.

When you do an immediate plan change you forego anything remaining.

nimzcycles

I am needing this information too.  I went to update my data plan but it charges me for a full month when I just signed up on May 2.

I don't think it's right that I would have to pay for $52 and now another $67.  I'm following this thread.

mimmo

You can either buy a data add-on 1,GB for 30$or the 30mb one 

Or you can add funds to your account equal to your plan renewal and ask the mods t renew your language early.

Luddite
Oracle
Oracle

@rcheng92 wrote:

I have used up all my data before the next cycle. I am trying to find an option where I can just top up my data for the rest of the 4 days but can't seem to find an option to do that. Can anyone help?

Thanks! 

You have two options:

a) purchase a data add-on which will carry over if unused; pay the correct amount first then "buy" again

b) ask the moderators to renew your current plan early after making a one time payment equal to your plan cost

c) choose a new plan with more data to start immediately.

[EDIT] Did you notice that options of a, b, & c now equal 2!  Robot LOL

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.
Need Help? Let's chat.