cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have the 15 $ plan and cant call my friend on freedom mobile

Peachypineapple
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Hi 

I am on the 15$ plan and keep on getting an error when I call my friends who are on freedom mobile. The automated message says that talk is not included in your current plan and that you can change your plan on public mobile.

8 REPLIES 8

iPhoneUser
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@Peachypineapple wrote:

Hi 

I am on the 15$ plan and keep on getting an error when I call my friends who are on freedom mobile. The automated message says that talk is not included in your current plan and that you can change your plan on public mobile.

Public Mobile suggested add-ons for $15 monthly plan

If you want to be frugal and flexible this is my suggestion.

Buy the $15 monthly plan.

For add-ons.

GOOD COMBINATION. More flexibility, less overall cost.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 add-on (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on this gives you full calling LD including USA, Canada and International for less cost per minute than using the $8 add-on. 

=======

$25

NOT SO GOOD COMBINATION.

2 x $5 add-on (1 cent/min.) 500 Canada-wide Long Distance minutes

1 x $8 add-on (4 cent/min.) 200 U.S. & Canada Long Distance minutes

1 x $15 (3.75 cent/min.) 400 International Long Distance minutes add-on.

=======

$33 Total

Note the $5, $8, and $15 add-on would all kick in for Local/Canada Wide calls if your allotted minutes were all used up. This applies to the $15 monthly plan only.

The reason for 2 x $5 add-ons, assuming most of your calls are Canada Wide, is......once 1 x $5 is used up and you are now using the second $5 add-on ......buy another $5 add-on.

The $15 add-on is less cost per minute than the $8 add-on (<=less value) and the $15 add-on does same and much more than the $8 add-on (<=less value). 

@Peachypineapple  Sounds like you ran out of plan minutes. Purchase the $5/500 min add on or if that's not an option you can text your friends and ask them to call you.

Now I want a daiquiri  or maybe a Bellini  or a pina colada! @CannonFodder you want to join in?

PAULRANG18
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

Check the overview page after logging in to self serve to see how many minutes are left for the current month. It's likely that plan minutes have expired. An add on, 500 min./5.00 would  be needed until plan renews.

The 500 minutes for $5 add on is an insurance policy that everyone on the $15 plan (and the old $10 plan as well) should have if they make any amount of outgoing phone calls. It is only a matter of time until you use up your outgoing minutes and can no longer make a call until your plan renews.

The 500 minute Canada Calling add on lasts until you use up all the minutes and they are only tapped into when you have exhausted your plans included outgoing minutes each month. Least expensive insurance policy on planet earth!

AE_Collector

geopublic
Mayor / Maire

@Peachypineapple  Dial 611 from your phone to get a status of your account. If you can't make any Outgoing calls then you have used up your 100 minutes. To remedy purchase the 500 minute add-on for $5.

Fluidmax
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

It's funny when I saw the topic, my mind was telling me that it's normail with Freedom Mobile customers not to receive calls or text every now and then....their customers just live with it for some strange reason. Smiley LOL

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

Can I get some more information ? Is this unique to freedom? Can you call/ receive messages from other providers.

@Peachypineapple wrote:

Hi 

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@Peachypineapple 

Is it possible that you ran out of minutes?

In your overview page, do you see the 100 outgiong minutes tracker?  If you don't see the tracker, that means you ran out of minutes.

Pasted Graphic 11.png

Need Help? Let's chat.