cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have "- Unlimited International Text" but i can't send a text while in Buffalo NY

hollyb3rry
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

When i try to send a text i get the error. 

"Sorry, your current plan does not include US Roaming text messaging. To update your plan to include US Roaming texting visit publicmobile.ca/selfserve"

What does "International Text" mean if i can't use it to send texts while in the US? 

Thanks

--hollyb3rry

11 REPLIES 11

hollyb3rry

Thanks all for your replies!

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@hollyb3rry please note that buying Add-ons is a two-step process.  Details here.  Please make sure you complete both steps.

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.

"international" is only refering to the destination of the text message. It'll only work in Canada with your regular plan that includes texting, or with a roaming add-on while in the United States. While in other place in the world, text messaging with your Public Mobile service will not function.

rohith_reddi

You need to purchase an Add-on 

https://publicmobile.ca/en/on/plans#add-ons

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

if you know your pin  and you have a creditcard registered you can simply call 1-855-4PUBLIC, no need for wifi

lots of info in this post https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Learn-all-about-US-Roaming/ta-p/75772

Wonder_why
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@Rabbi wrote:

@hollyb3rry just to let you know if you wont to text mms/image etc, you need to add text & data that shulde work

@hollyb3rry you could use Hangouts, Whatapps or Skype and more with Wifi

Rabbi
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

@hollyb3rry just to let you know if you wont to text mms/image etc, you need to add text & data that shulde work

Rabbi

@hollyb3rry wrote:

Thanks Rabbi, makes sense i guess.

I see the add-on in here for $8 to add voice, or $8 for text, or $15 for both.  I suppose i can pull in to a McDonalds or somewhere where there's wifi, and add the add-on for voice calling if i needed it, but how long would it take before the add-on worked on my phone?

you have also the add on of $20 for talk & text & data

Rabbi

@hollyb3rry its have to work right when you add it for 10 days

hollyb3rry

Thanks Rabbi, makes sense i guess.

I see the add-on in here for $8 to add voice, or $8 for text, or $15 for both.  I suppose i can pull in to a McDonalds or somewhere where there's wifi, and add the add-on for voice calling if i needed it, but how long would it take before the add-on worked on my phone?

Rabbi

International Text is you can text from canada to International 

but if you are not in canada you have to buy a romming text addon

Need Help? Let's chat.