cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have added Addon for 200MB data. BUt still it is not working

santu007saikat
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I have added addon around 8:30 AM EST on 04th September. Still I cannot access data fully. Could you please check.

9 REPLIES 9

People always do this backwards ... it is a bit convoluted. Ideally one would add the funds then select the add on to buy with the funds. But instead they select the add on and are sent to add funds. But that hasn’t purchased the add on, the initial purchase was rejected because of no funds available on the account. So after adding funds then you have to go select the add on. Feels somewhat backwards but that’s how it works with Pre Paid Accounts.

AE_Collector

santu007saikat

ally what I figured. we have to do twice to get it reflected.

@santu007saikat its a 2 step process. You completed the first step. You added the $15 in funds. Now do the second. Buy the $15 data addon. 20200417_204130.jpg

santu007saikat

Yes I tried the same. Now in my account overview amount is showing $15 and I cannot access data.

@santu007saikat to clarify, data was working before. And you ran out of data and niw it doesn't work? Check to see if data is enabled. If it is try

1. Restarting your phone, witing 30 seconds and restart it. 
  2. Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.

cavemantoronto
Mayor / Maire

@santu007saikat Are you on an old plan that has no data and have you used data before?  If you haven't used it before, it could be a phome setting issue like APN settings or data being turned off.

santu007saikat

Tried the same. That did not work

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@santu007saikat chexk the overview page of your self service account.  You should either see the 200 mb or the $5. If th see the $5 , I would reccomend adding $10 and getimg the 1 gig data addon instead. Since it carries over and doesnt expire until its used up. Stay safe. 

To add an addon use the one time payment to add the funds and then buy it. 20200417_204130.jpg

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Make sure you add it to your account.

To purchase Add-Ons using your Self-Serve account, follow these steps:

1. Click on ‘Purchase Add- Ons’ on the Overview tab and scroll down to the Add-On calculator.
  2. Click the plus sign (+) to add and the minus sign (-) to remove selected Add-ons.
  3. When you’ve added all your desired Add-Ons, click ‘Buy Add-Ons’ or ‘Make a Payment’ below the calculator:
    • You will see ‘Make a Payment’ instead of ‘Buy Add-Ons’ if there are not enough funds in your account to make the purchase.
    • If you don’t have sufficient funds to purchase the Add-Ons, you will be asked to make a one-time payment equal to the price of the Add-On, less your current available funds. Click ‘Submit’, then ‘Go back’: now the button below the calculator will say ‘Buy Add-Ons’.
  4. Select ‘Confirm my purchase’, and you’re off to the races!
Need Help? Let's chat.