cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have 100 min canada wide plan, but it's telling me I don't have a long distance plan

dadclublondon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Is this their way of telling me I am out of minutes? I'm calling a local number 

10 REPLIES 10

dadclublondon
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Thanks everyone - it turns out I was out of minutes, but never got any notifications that I was out and couldn't figure out where on my account to confirm it but eventually found it. Appreciate the help!

@Hbarbarah13 wrote:

I put 120$ for my international calls and cannot call,they said I cannot call anymore ,what’s going on not happy with Public

Verify the add ons show in your account. If yes contact a MOD. 

If no, verify if the  $120 shows in your account balance. If yes, then buy the add ons, as it is a 2 step process. 

@Hbarbarah13 wrote:

I put 120$ for my international calls and cannot call,they said I cannot call anymore ,what’s going on not happy with Public

@Hbarbarah13 You are going to have to give a few more details than that. Is the place you are trying to call on the country list that is available to call? Why and how did you put $120 on your account for long distance?

Hbarbarah13
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dadclublondon wrote:

As further information, if you have run out of minutes, the system sends you a warning text when you have 10 minutes left to let you know you're getting close. Have you perhaps blocked texts from 611?

@benfatto wrote:

@dadclublondon  Get the TextNow app; free US/Canada calling/texting while on wifi. You can even call your PM number to check voicemail without charge. Just need to have your friends/family add the TextNow number into their contact list so they know it's you calling. 

While @benfatto has a free solution. For VoIP.ms users I use an app over wifi  on my phone called Zoiper and is set up to call with my land line number as caller ID.....AND....secondly set up to show my Public Mobile number as caller ID. VoIP.ms is a low cost land line option. 

Edit. Also the Zoiper app works over data too. 

benfatto
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dadclublondon  Get the TextNow app; free US/Canada calling/texting while on wifi. You can even call your PM number to check voicemail without charge. Just need to have your friends/family add the TextNow number into their contact list so they know it's you calling. 

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

@dadclublondon wrote:

Check your account is best. Having the $5, 500 minute add on is a good idea. 

Are you calling LD? If yes even though calls are Canada Wide you still need to add the 1 before the number you call. 

Gunner123
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

@dadclublondon wrote:

@dadclublondon hi you can buy a 5 dollar 500 minute add on so in future you will be able to use them if you run out of your 100 minutes they roll over until used up 

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your account and check.  If you don't see any minutes remaining then you have used them up.  You can purchase an add-on.

• 500 Canada-wide Minutes for $5  

https://www.publicmobile.ca/en/on/get-help/articles/purchase-add-ons-through-self-serve

Need Help? Let's chat.