cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I had an Idea, something that can be very convenient, as well as simple

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

When it comes to Add-Ons, Like Data, the way to reload, is of course on Self-Serve, OR, *611

BUT, WHAT IF PM had a way, where THE PM Client, they having to agree to it and have it ALL set-up via Self-Serve, where When you run outta Add-On Data, U receive a Txt on this, and it asks IF you wish to reload, U txt Yes, and it will automatically reload for you, ALMOST similar to HOW the Postpaid where When U reach the Cap, U receive a Txt Message on this and requesting Consent to go over, JUST That this would be for the Add-On, & It MUST be set via Self-Serve in advance, as a way to simplify the process.

If PM sends US Txts on How much Data we used, or when Bill renewal comes up, or payments, etc

Why NOT try to make things MORE easier and simple?

28 REPLIES 28

@makkahn28 wrote:

The way I see this, I fear Tel Us may just either close PM and force us on something that may make our lives harder, OR, Scrap the LTE and force us on what 3G, OR, Worse, 2G just so that they can increase profits.

As Canadians pay the highest in world Rates for these services, We need 6 Carriers per region to ease this, as Status Quo currently will kill us Financially. 

It might reach point where we might not be able to afford EVEN the Basic Function, IF Fees keep rising outta control, and without benefit to Clients who rely on service

While this particular post has a bit of truth in it when it comes to pricing and competition - just stop behaving like a troll. I'm starting to quote @will13am more and more now... Take Public Mobile for what it is, not what you want it to be.

The statements are quite clear (and have been pointed out to you before *sigh*)

a) Public Mobile is not going to be closed down in at least the foreseeable future since Telus is not only positioning it as a low cost provider on it's own right to compete with ChatR and Lucky but also uses it as a feeder brand by offering competitive migration offers to Koodo.

b) While PM is still offering full LTE plans it's clear that they are concentrating on LTE light. Unlikely that VoLTE is offered here anytime soon so Voice services will remain on 3G. However, your statement about 2G is just plain wrong: 2G was always on Rogers only and will be discontinued in Canada in 2020. Telus and Bell have taken their old CDMA technology out of comission so there is nothing below 3G they offer.

I have stacked at least, 4-5 GB Add-On, BUT, I hate that 2-Tier process

smp99
Deputy Mayor / Adjoint au Maire

you can stack domestic data add-ons. Just buy a couple a head of time, no need for auto-purchase.

But it would be nice to stack or delay the start of the US roaming add-ons. 

But, get the password reset working first. That alone shows many how potentially mickey mouse the entire persona of the company is. Such a basic feature, especially for an online-only company.

The way I see this, I fear Tel Us may just either close PM and force us on something that may make our lives harder, OR, Scrap the LTE and force us on what 3G, OR, Worse, 2G just so that they can increase profits.

As Canadians pay the highest in world Rates for these services, We need 6 Carriers per region to ease this, as Status Quo currently will kill us Financially. 

It might reach point where we might not be able to afford EVEN the Basic Function, IF Fees keep rising outta control, and without benefit to Clients who rely on service

@GreatCanadian wrote:

One of the reasons I like Public Mobile is that my daughter CANNOT GO OVER HER DATA LIMIT!! I would hate for her to be able to text "Yes" 10 times during a cycle!!

GC

It used to be that this could be seen as a disadvantage with Public Mobile.  Overages rates went from $50 per MB (or about 1/1000th of a GB), but eventually made it's way down to 1/GB at other carriers.    The $30 for 1GB didn:t always seem to be that great of a buy, but how much is it elsewhere now?  $50 per gigabyte?

will13am
Oracle
Oracle

Great idea @makkahn28!  This will be queued up with all your past suggestions.  One day you might be ask to help prioritize them.  

GreatCanadian

Yes, but it will COST to have that feature implemented. And most will never ever use it if they are on the right plan. Resources shouldn't be spent on a rarely used feature. Yes it would be convenient I'm sure, but a feature that would benefit a minority would not be a priority, and should not be a priority.

Social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter, etc. are not run on a Public Mobile budget. In general PM customers don't want features that will add to the cost. If I want to buy an addon I'm content to text 611 or log in to self serve. I am not open to adding a feature that will increase PM plan costs, especially if it is a feature that you should have to rarely use. As it stands now, I'm content with the service as it is, and don't expect PM to add features, and not charge for them. I don't want to pay for that feature that I will not use. 

GC

koimr1

@makkahn28 wrote:

My example of what I mean, take, Social Media Settings

They give a List of features, you slide to turn on, OR Slide to KEEP OFF

Just saying, IF PM made the Self-Serve more like an Menu that gave PPL Options, WHAT Features they wish to have, which NOT to have, PPL choosing what fits them.

Just saying, there's those who want it Simple, Like Turn-Key ready simple

Then there are those, like myself, who feel that CERTAIN Options maybe an ABSOLUTE necessity, and we're willing to pay a Bit More, As Long as it's NOT costing $100 More, If it was like $5 More, some PPL might find that reasonable

Plus, PM needs to evolve more

So this would be in addition to what's already available with the "Build Your Own Plan" thing they have going? Or over and above that? Are there things that you want to see that's not already covered?

What do you mean by "Social Media Settings"?

That maybe true.

Now I'm NOT saying to Buy Add-On 10-20x, JUST what is needed, If U have 6 GB and on 90 Days, and JUST need 1-2GB, Not saying give Minors that Option, If Minors need Add-On, Ask their parents, THEY decide when and if yes, THEY MUST access the Portal to do via that 2-Step process.

My example of what I mean, take, Social Media Settings

They give a List of features, you slide to turn on, OR Slide to KEEP OFF

Just saying, IF PM made the Self-Serve more like an Menu that gave PPL Options, WHAT Features they wish to have, which NOT to have, PPL choosing what fits them.

Just saying, there's those who want it Simple, Like Turn-Key ready simple

Then there are those, like myself, who feel that CERTAIN Options maybe an ABSOLUTE necessity, and we're willing to pay a Bit More, As Long as it's NOT costing $100 More, If it was like $5 More, some PPL might find that reasonable

Plus, PM needs to evolve more

koimr1

I'm all for making things nice and easy for customers and I think it's a great idea but my personal thought is that it won't happen - an official answer would probably involve the words "Koodo" and "postpaid".

As @GreatCanadian mentions if you are going over so much that this is an ongoing thing then you're on the wrong plan. The data add-ons are expensive!

Well, Tomorrow never dies, lol

The Network keeps spinning

Here's the thing, They can have CERTAIN Frills, ALL Converted from a Call Center Implimented, to where a PM Client can Pick OR Choose which Features they wish to have.

IF they had Self-Serve Set-Up like a Buffet Menu, aside from picking Plan/s, IF U want a Convenient way to Order Add-On without going through that annoying 2-Step Process, all done via Text Message, Click to turn On, Or Keep off

That is simple enough

I suggested that the other day.  They responded no.

PERHAPS PM needs to temporarily Halt ALL These Promos, and actually do something about the Issues first before they Do more Promos, so that to first Correct the Issues 

jp2

@GreatCanadian wrote:

It just seems lately after the huge influx of customers joining Public Mobile, that they like the price, but want the services of top-tier providers. If you want top-tier service, you must pay for it.

My thoughts exactly. That why I tell everyone I refer they can offer lower prices by not having extras or call centers 

Even IF Fees need to come, IF it's Negligible, then sometimes it maybe worth it, BETTER than an increase for the Sake of Profits.

If the Increase was due to some Improvements thatBenefits the PM Client, I'm ALL Game for that at least

GreatCanadian

Password reset doesn't work. Accounts show as suspended on renewal date, which has been a nightmare for some customers who do not understand what's happening, as well as the mods who get bombarded with questions. There are existing issues that need to be addressed. I don't believe what you are requesting would be as smoothly implemented as you believe, thus adding to wonky current issues.

It just seems lately after the huge influx of customers joining Public Mobile, that they like the price, but want the services of top-tier providers. If you want top-tier service, you must pay for it.

GC

@makkahn28, you'd still need to pay for the service.  The hardware and software that runs the service.  The staff that work to keep the service running.  The web hosting costs, etc....

There would never be a no-cost service.  Someone has to pay.

Plus, I have 6 GB Data 4G LTE on a 90 Day, Rarely sometimes not 100% enough

Just saying, IF services were too Basic, for what we're paying, PPL wouldn't want a OVERLY Basic something that would be WAY TOO, Well, Obtuse

IF These were KEPT as a DIYS ( Do-It-Yourself) No PM Reps or Mods having any Hands-On, I think Fees may not be 100% Necessary

GreatCanadian

If you are purchasing addons multiple times during a cycle you are on the wrong plan. It's much more expensive than choosing a plan with more data. All these requested features are what will add to the cost of Public Mobile plans. There is a reason why PM's prices are attractive. The somewhat lacking features are part of that.

Now I don't disagree with what you are suggesting. I don't see a need for it, but others may. But be aware that the more features requested, the more it costs to provide the service (Time, web design, etc.) The customer pays for these extra costs.

GC

I Think, IF PM were to consider SUCH a feat, IF People who sign up are UNDER a Certain Age, PM should have CERTAIN Restrictions in place so that Minors are NOT EVER Given decisions LIKE This, so that CONTROL Remains with Parents 

@GreatCanadian wrote:

One of the reasons I like Public Mobile is that my daughter CANNOT GO OVER HER DATA LIMIT!! I would hate for her to be able to text "Yes" 10 times during a cycle!!

GCFortunately, ALL A/C's are Individual, So Example, Parents could have it set up ONLY for themselves, The Teens, they would of course have to ask, and Parents Doing this Via Self-Serve, so it's NOT something that is Automatic, IF PM was smart on this.

Plus, I did say, My Idea would have been, PM Clients would HAVE TO FIRST agree and Set it up Through Self-Serve Just to have such feature activated, NOT Automatic like Postpaid

jp2

@GreatCanadian wrote:

GC

I think this is why they are saying you would need to set it up in your account ahead of time. Then your daughter wouldn't get the option until she starts managing her own account. 

Perhaps, BUT PM Must do something, and also innovate

GreatCanadian

GC

jp2

I'm all for making the service easier to use but if PM can't even make a password reset button work I don't think they will be able to add this feature. 

Need Help? Let's chat.