cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have data :((

rockheather1125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

my data doesn't work. it's said that my data had been used up, but i don't have the data from the very first day of my monthly plan. so it's impossible that i would use up my data since i never had them.

i received a message from public mobile saying my plan would be renewed on Feb 23. so i used up my previous monthly data on Feb 22. but on Feb 23, i didn't receive the new data and i haven't received it yet.

can anyone help me?

19 REPLIES 19

rockheather1125

thank you for your kind suggestion. my eyes are sweating haha.

I'm grateful for your continuous checking in:)

@rockheather1125  I agree that's not necessarily helpful. If you find you normally have sufficient data in your plan you just have to make it thru one more week without data. I'm sure by now you've gone thru your phone, apps etc...and looked at your data usage and gotten an idea of what has been the major consumers of your mobile data.

When your renewal occurs next week make sure your data tracker is set for your 30 day cycle. Take a screenshot of your overview page and data usage page. Take the time each day to monitor your usage and see if anything is consuming it at an unusually high rate. Keeping an eye on your account to make sure initially your data resets correctly and just be vigilant about tracking your usage so you get a good sense of how you use it. This way you can quickly shut down an anomly in usage because a permission or a setting may have changed accidently.

rockheather1125

yes, thank you.

they are trying to help me out, tho I don't think it's "helpful."

they said I used it up on March 7th, and tell me to change my plan. Technically, that's not helping.

@rockheather1125  I'm just wondering if you heard back from a moderator about your data issue?

rockheather1125

mine is ios. but i will try it.

@rockheather1125 

Do you have your data tracker enabled? You can also check it's usage along with the daily usage in your account. The system updates twice a day your "web" usage.  It's a bit of work but you can record each days usage tracking back to your renewal in February. If it shows no usage or very little (like 25mb) then contact the moderators as I suggested. You could ask for them to give you the 200mb add on as compensation.

@rockheather1125 Is  your phone an Android one? Do you have developer options on? Thanks . If it is. Go to Settings - system - advanced - developer options - mobile data always active.  Turn this setting off.

@rockheather1125  did you check your usage history in your self service account to see if you used the data? Thanks.

rockheather1125

Yes, I have. It showed almost used up. But I didn't use any data from the very first day of my monthly renewal because I didn't receive any.

I always turn off my data when I'm at home. The first day of monthly renewal, I was outside trying to use Translink app, I couldn't use it because I don't have data. And I still don't have any.

rockheather1125

I surely on autopay. It's not possible that I would use it up because I'd never used up my data in previous months. I always turn off my data unless I need one.

@rockheather1125 

If you checked your account after your plan renewed and you had no plan data showing it is possible your plan data did not reset upon renewal.  I always take a screenshot of my overview page before and after my renewal in case something (such as this) goes wrong within my account. If you believe this is this is the case contact the moderators. They will be able to see if this has happened and restore or credit your account with the data you are missing.

Click on the the (?) At the bottom right corner of the screen to submit a ticket via simon explaining your issue. Type account specific issue and then type human and follow the prompts to submit your ticket. Keep an eye on the envelope icon next to your avatar at the top right corner of the screen for a little number to pop up indicating a message from the moderators. Responding promptly to messages will speed up service times.

@rockheather1125  So then your alloted data is the same as what @Nezgar  showed, i.e. 250MB/month(30 days), IF as @Luddite  said, you're on autopay. If you do much on the 'net on your phone, it's pretty easy to blow through 250MB. You should check what @Nezgar  mentioned, in your self-serve account.

@rockheather1125 wrote:

my plan is $15 every 30 days.

my wifi is completely fine, I can still connect to wifi at home and school

Do you have auto-pay setup?

If you have auto-pay setup, the current $15 plan gives you 250MB of data, and none without. Once you use it up, you have to wait until your next renewal, unless you purchase a data add-on, or contact moderators to renew your plan early...

Have you taken a look at your self-serve to see if it shows if your data balance listed?

@rockheather1125 wrote:

@rockheather1125 That plan has no data unless you are on autopay, and then only 250 meg. It is very easy to consume that small amount of cellular data.

>>> ALERT: I am not a CSA. Je ne suis pas un Agent du soutien à la clientèle.

rockheather1125

rockheather1125

my renewal date is on March 24. The last renewal date was Feb 23.

It shows that my data is almost used, but that is impossible because I don't have any data since Feb 23. Which means I don't have any data that I can consume up.

First, dial into 611 and see what it says your next renewal date is. Note that plans renew every 30 days, not on the same day each month.

Second, login to the online selfserve portal, and look for the lines under "Data & Add-Ons". The lines outlined in orange will completely dissapear once consumed.

The lines outlined will completely dissapear when fully consumed.The lines outlined will completely dissapear when fully consumed.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rockheather1125 which plan do you have? If you log into your self service account is there any data showing on the overview page? Could you please check if your wifi is disabled. Thanks.

@rockheather1125 wrote:

my data doesn't work. it's said that my data had been used up, but i don't have the data from the very first day of my monthly plan. so it's impossible that i would use up my data since i never had them.

i received a message from public mobile saying my plan would be renewed on Feb 23. so i used up my previous monthly data on Feb 22. but on Feb 23, i didn't receive the new data and i haven't received it yet.

can anyone help me?

YVR
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Log into self serve and view My Data and Add Ons. Click on 'View my usage' to see how much data you have used and what if left

You can also click on Purchase Add Ons incase you need more data.  Maybe you had a 1GB add on that and do not have data in your 30 day plan?

Let us know what plan you are on

Need Help? Let's chat.