cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I don't have data :(( AGAIN

rockheather1125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

this is completely unacceptable.

i'd finally gone through the nightmare last month, and now here we go again.

same problem. i don't have the data even though i received the message from Public Mobile, saying my plan is successfully renewed 18 mins ago. i was at home, practicing social distancing. data is turned off, wifi is connected. but i still don't have the data.

i cannot accept this one more time. plz someone from Public Mobile fix this thing.

20 REPLIES 20

Well, it APPEARS(since we haven't heard from the OP again) as though the OP realizes the problem was on their end, and NOT an issue with PM..... 🤔 

Screen shots show 250 Mb of data with 0 Mb used. Data on phone is turned off leaving wifi on. I am not certain exactly what “Dont have the Data” means just like the rest of us. Whatever it is, apparently it is “completely unacceptable”!

AE_Collector

@CannonFodder wrote:

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Did you reboot phone?

Please give us an update. 

Since the OP has selected a solution, I suppose we can assume that the problem is solved.... hopefully for good.....

Sounds like the OP just needed to reboot to get going again. Would be helpful to know from OP what he/she did to get data working properly.

@LurganIeUk wrote:

Did you reboot phone?

Since the OP has selected a solution, I suppose we can assume that the problem is solved.... hopefully for good.....

Did you reboot phone?

Anonymous
Not applicable

@rockheather1125 

Your screenshots indicate all is well. What is the problem you're having?

@CannonFodder wrote:

@JoyLuck wrote:

Your screen shot shows  your cellular data off?

Well, the OP DID say that in the 1st post of this thread.....

I thought they had turned it back on.  As for the other comment about the data not resetting yes that was an issue here a couple of years ago.  People would start a new 30 day and get a message they have used up all their data or were near the end of their data.

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

LurganIeUk
Mayor / Maire

i was at home, practicing social distancing. data is turned off, wifi is connected. but i still don't have the data.

That doesn’t make sense. Off course you don’t have data....it is turned off. 

Tell us:

with data off and wifi on can you access Public Mobile?

with wifi off and data on can you access Public Mobile?

The screen shot of phone shows data OFF and wifi ON. 

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire
I don't have data :(( AGAIN

same problem. i don't have the data even though i received the message from Public Mobile, saying my plan is successfully renewed 18 mins ago. i was at home, practicing social distancing. data is turned off, wifi is connected. but i still don't have the data.

i cannot accept this one more time. plz someone from Public Mobile fix this thing.

Do you want some ketchup with that crow ?  🙂

Get it figured out ?

@JoyLuck wrote:

Well, the OP DID say that in the 1st post of this thread.....

@rockheather1125  it is showing that you have your data turned off?  Have you turned it on and tried

ShawnC13_0-1585067790581.png

I am happy to help, but I am not a Customer Support Agent please do not include any personal info in a message to me. Click HERE to create a trouble ticket through SIMon the Chatbot *

@ShawnC13 wrote:

I am wondering if an old bug has returned where data amounts weren't reset upon renewal. 

Uhm.... THAT'S another previous common issue around here!? I hadn't heard of that one 'til now! 😯 

JoyLuck
Mayor / Maire

Looks like you have a fresh batch of data...250mb's at your disposal.

gblackma
Mayor / Maire

@rockheather1125 well, by now you should have the routine saved. Did you  contact the moderators? You could try these tricks to reset your phone
You could try in order:
1. Restarting your phone. Turn your phone off, wait 30 seconds and restart.
2.Putting your phone on aeroplane mode for 5 minutes. Take it off and restart.
3.From your self service account enable the lost/ stolen feature log out, wait 5    minutes, log in and take it off. Log out and restart your phone.
4. Add a one time payment and of $1 To your account and restart your phone .

If these tricks don't work contact a moderator and ask them to reset your SIM. Click on the green questionmark in the white circle at the bottom right of your screen.  This connects to the autobot Simon.  Type moderator and follow the prompts to get to one (CLICK on account specific question and human and submit a ticket)

It's showing right there at the bottom of your sideways screenshot - 250MB of data!

rockheather1125
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

IMG_7812.PNGIMG_7813.PNGIMG_7816.JPG

hairbag1
Mayor / Maire

Please try turning phone off...wait a moment...then turn it on again.

CannonFodder
Mayor / Maire

@rockheather1125  Although I recall your username, I don't recall the particulars, and I'm sorry, if you can't bother to post more detail, I can't be bothered to go searching for your previous issue. If you want some help, please elaborate on what, exactly, you mean by, "but i still don't have the data."

ShawnC13
Oracle
Oracle

@rockheather1125 wrote:

So if you are at home on wifi you do have access to your self-serve.  Can you see if it is showing data on the overview page?  I am wondering if an old bug ahs returned where data amounts weren't reset upon renewal.  Have you tried power cycling your phone, airplane mode on and off?  If you have tried all of these and nothing is working you will need to raise a trouble ticket.

To contact the moderators you need to click on the "?" in the bottom right-hand corner of the screen.  This will take you to SIMon the chatbot and there you will follow the prompts to raise a trouble ticket.

Community Moderators are available from Monday-Friday 8 am(Eastern) to 12 am(Eastern) and Saturday, and Sunday from 8 am(Eastern) to 10 pm(Eastern)

More info on moderators

Need Help? Let's chat.