cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I do wonder IF PM will eventually bring back some 4GLTE Plans in future

makkahn28
Mayor / Maire

I did have this to ask

For those on one of those LTE Plans, IF you have the LTE Turned off and using the HSPA+ 3G, what are the speeds for this compared to the 3G PM is doing currently

If the Speeds are faster than the 3G PM is currently using, shouldn't PM try to Meet Half Way to offer some incentives?

4 REPLIES 4

Master2001
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

All depend of Lucky Mobile and Chatr.

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 

I doubt that PM will bring back the full LTE speed plan at $40 for 4GB full LTE plan.

Since 2018, Telus had tried very hard to move those subscibers to Koodo in order to make PM as a LTE lite provider (LTE capped to 3Mbps)

@makkahn28 wrote:

I did have this to ask

For those on one of those LTE Plans, IF you have the LTE Turned off and using the HSPA+ 3G, what are the speeds for this compared to the 3G PM is doing currently

Speeds for me on the HSPA+ network are excellent. Will Public Mobile bring back LTE plans? Anything said by community members is only a guess.

srlawren
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@makkahn28 wrote:

I did have this to ask

If the Speeds are faster than the 3G PM is currently using, shouldn't PM try to Meet Half Way to offer some incentives?

@makkahn28 the throttle on "3G" plans only applies to the LTE network.  If you were to set your phone to 3G only (UMTS/W-CDMA), you would see identical speeds* between a "3G" plan holder and a full-speed plan holder.

* not really identical, but if done on the same device in the same location with the same network load etc (which of course isn't possible to control outside of a test labratory environment), you would expect the same results.  

>>> ALERT: I am not a moderator. For account or activation assistance, please click here.
Need Help? Let's chat.