cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cant talk but my plan includes unlimited in canada voice

GaryB48
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

I tried to make a call this am and got a msg saying my plan doesn't include voice.  I checked...it does.  I am registered with autopay which will pay on June 5.

i need to use my phone...now!  Help please.

13 REPLIES 13

popping
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

@kav2001c wrote:

@Alunrm& @Anonymous

You guys just bumped a thread more than half a year old

I am sure OP has resolved issues by now

Although I am really curious why you would mark a phone as lost / stolen if unable to use voice

At best you have simply slowed down your solution, at worst if first transaction incomplete you have made situation worse now

Unless it was meant as a joke

No.  The lost/stolen phone trick is not a joke.  Many subsribers tried it and fixed the problem.  When one or more plan features are not working/provisioned correctly, using this trick to run the plan features provisoning software again may fix the problem.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@kav2001c wrote:

@Alunrm& @Anonymous

Although I am really curious why you would mark a phone as lost / stolen if unable to use voice

At best you have simply slowed down your solution, at worst if first transaction incomplete you have made situation worse now

I don't care how old a thread is. If some newbie comes in and posts in it with a problem then I'll do what I can think of to help them. I don't tell them to make a new thread so as to anticipate getting the solution afterwards. I also refresh the All Posts page so these are the posts that I see and respond to.

@Alunrm& @Anonymous

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Alunrm wrote:

@CS_Agent. I have rebooted and still have this issue . Please address asap. 

@Alunrm

If your account is active then

Try the lost/stolen feature.
Log in to self-serve. Plan & Add-Ons from top menu. Lost/Stolen Phone from next menu. Suspend Service button. Log out. Wait a few minutes. Log back in and back to Lost/Stolen Phone and Resume Service this time. Log out. Restart phone.
See what happens.

Alunrm
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

@CS_Agent. I have rebooted and still have this issue . Please address asap. 

CherylKirby
Great Citizen / Super Citoyen

I had the same problem but when I removed the brackets from the area code, it worked with no problem! 

GaryB48

Powering the phone down and restarting solved the problem.  Many thanks to those who suggested this so quickly!  

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

@GaryB48 wrote:

This is even wierder than that...I tried a 1-250-656-xxxx number from Vancouver airport and got the 'your plan doesn't include talk'...but I am able to call a 1-250-363-xxxx number!!!  Anyone have ideas?

Phone number specific issues are likely back end or account related. Follow @mimmo's directions for contacting a moderator as they will need to fix it for you.

brent_liza
Model Citizen / Citoyen Modèle

Are you trying to block your phone number with *67? If so this will not work. Have you tried turning your device off and then back on? If this does not work please contact a moderator. 

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Knowledge-Base/Updated-How-to-Contact-our-Community-M...

please ensure to include your name, phone number, and pin so they can further assist you quickly and any details that may help them. Is it specific phone numbers, all phone numbers, if you are able to receive etc. 

GaryB48

This is even wierder than that...I tried a 1-250-656-xxxx number from Vancouver airport and got the 'your plan doesn't include talk'...but I am able to call a 1-250-363-xxxx number!!!  Anyone have ideas?

mtfolks
Town Hero / Héro de la Ville

Are you able to provide a screenshot of your plan in the my account screen? Are you a fairly new subscriber to PM and did voice, data, text all work previously? If so, you can try basic troubleshooting like restarting your phone, trying your SIM in another phone if possible, etc. to see if that works. 

If it's only affecting certain numbers then it may be a back end issue with the switch, etc.

If resetting your phone, etc. doesn't work and your plan looks correct in my account and your phone was working fine before then you may need to send a direct message to the moderators with your account information and PIN so that they can look into the issue on their end for you.

mimmo
Retired Oracle / Oracle Retraité

sounds like an account isssue and you will need to contact mods.  sometimes powercycling phone will solve some issues.

How can you get help with your account, activation, or service?

In your message please include:

• PM Phone Number, 4 digit PIN, Account email address, Detailed explanation of your issue

Don't know your pin?--provide any 3 of the following:

• Complete mailing address, Email address, Alternate phone number, Date of birth, Last top up date & amount

How long until they reply?:

• Office Hours: Mon-Fri 9am to 9pm, and Sat-Sun 9am to 7:30pm [Totonto Time].
  • Messages are replied to during business hours and in the order they are received
  • Typical response time is between 1-3 hours, depending on message queue, but can be up to 48 hours.
  • There is no need to send multiple messages.

Additional Useful Information:

• Search PM-GUIDE (remove "-" during the search) to find some informative posts and answers to many common questions about Public Mobile

Need Help? Let's chat.