cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot access the Internet

ayourque
Good Citizen / Bon Citoyen

Nothing is changed, the APN is perfect, I've been home, there was a fire and I had to step out when I noticed I do not have Internet connection, I've restarted my phone, I can make calls, but I cannot access the Internet. Kindly explain what's going on.

Regards 

17 REPLIES 17

Yes they recently changed the $50 plan from 8.5 to 10.5GB of data but that doesn’t automatically change your plan. Log in to self serve, choose Change Plan, select the $50 plan that says 10 or 10.5GB including the Autopay bonus and then click the Change at NEXT Renewal button (not the Change NOW button). At your next renewal it will bump to 10.5GB. Nothing to worry about if you’ve been around over a year. Some new customer promos give bonus data or a monthly discount for first 3-6 months which you could lose by changing plans. You’ve been here long enough that you don’t need to worry about that.

AE_Collector

ayourque

How do you mean? I've been with PM since 2019

Am I getting extra data at no increase to my current fee? 

@ayourque 

Dont forget to make a plan change for your next renewal to get 10.5GB for what you pay for 8.5GB currently. But let us know first if you have only been here for say 6 months or less so we can confirm that you won’t lose any perks.

AE_Collector

ayourque

Taking the SIM out and returning it after turning off the phone fixed the issue. 

Most phones these days do not come with removable batteries though. 🤣

Yeah, the Internet is indeed back after taking out the sim tray and replacing it.

Thanks everyone. 

esjliv
Mayor / Maire

@ayourque wrote:

Nothing is changed, the APN is perfect, I've been home, there was a fire and I had to step out when I noticed I do not have Internet connection, I've restarted my phone, I can make calls, but I cannot access the Internet. Kindly explain what's going on.

Regards 

@ayourque 

Try a RESET of your Network Settings on your device.

Can you try your SIM into another compatible Public Mobile device to see if the data works then?

@ayourque 

Maybe its a 4G LTE outage. Try forcing your phone into 3G and see if your data works.

Yummy
Mayor / Maire

@ayourque wrote:

- Is DATA on?

- Did you run out of data on your plan?

- I guess you tried rebooting, pulling and inserting your SIM...

@ayourque 

Could be a cell site outage in your area that is yet to be fixed.

Also, there is a better plan for you to update to. The newest $50 plan comes with 10GB plus a 500 MB bonus if you are set up on Autopay. After you sort this current problem out (so you dont add any more possible problems into the mix) go online and go to Change Plan, select the $50 / 10 GB plan and finish by setting the Change at Next Renewal option, not the Change Now option.

AE_Collector

Anonymous
Not applicable

do one thing take your SIM card out and waiting for a minute and put it back and do rebooting your phone - This one is quick and simple. Make sure your phone is off before removing and reinserting its SIM card.

Remove your phone’s battery - Some phones have removable batteries. Sometimes removing and reinserting the battery can fix certain issues. Just make sure your phone is off before you do this.

what is mean for Rebooting the phone means to turn off your phone and turn it back on again.

and make sure APN Settings On device 

Changing APN Settings On An IPhone

click HERE 

Changing APN Settings On Android Phones

click HERE 

make sure your DATA is on.

and if is still not working you have to Submit a ticket to a moderator.

Here’s when and how to contact the Moderator Team:

• Get help with your account the easy way by starting a conversation with our virtual assistant, SIMon. It’ll take you to relevant help articles, or if it’s something more urgent, it can help you submit a ticket to the Moderator Team. Click here to get started.
  • or you can send a private message to Moderator_Team by click here.            You’ll need to be logged in to your Community account for the link to work.

• In your message put it, please include.
  • your account number,
  • your phone number,
  • your account PIN,
  • explanation to them nice Team and nice service 

Good Luck

ayourque

Yeah, it is. 

IMG_20210514_122332.jpg

ayourque

167/8704

Used only 167mb

My APN is correct and I'm techy enough to know how to work the Internet.

I prolly would not notice if I didn't step out last night.

It's ongoing even as at time of writing

... and the best part of of it, the firewall is working   LoL 

😀😀😀Maybe it now has a firewall😀😀😀

@ayourque 

Has it always worked okay until now? You’ve been a customer for some time already? OR you are a new customer who just set it up your account and this is the first time you tried to use data on your phone that isn’t Wi-Fi?

AE_Collector

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@ayourque 

Look in the picture below and find the same section in your self-serve landing page - if there is no data line on yours, you have depleted your data allotment for the current cycle:

HALIMACS_0-1621003409257.png

@ayourque 

Is your mobile data toggled on?

Triguy
Mayor / Maire

Log into your self serve account and check under data and add-ons if no amount of data is showing then you have used it up.  You can purchase a 1GB add-on for $15.

If there is an amount showing then try rebooting your phone.

Need Help? Let's chat.