cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't make long-distance even though I have this add-on " 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US"

mammarf
Great Neighbour / Super Voisin

Hi

I can't make long distance calls even though I have this add-on in my plan:

Data & Add-Ons
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US

I tried to call a Dubai number but it said I needed an add-on. I thought this was it

Thanks

Ammar

5 REPLIES 5

Nezgar
Mayor / Maire

@mammarf wrote:

Dubai

With TextNow, I see "From 27.6¢/min" to call UAE

With RebTel, I see 15.0¢/min

With Shaw Prepaid (rebranded Gold Line) I see 28.02¢/min to Cell, 30.41¢/min to the rest.

The latter two are not VoIP/App services - you call a real local Canadian number, then the dial the destination number.

@mammarf wrote:

Hi

I can't make long distance calls even though I have this add-on in my plan:

Data & Add-Ons
$0 Free Holiday Giveaway: 500min INTL Long Distance incl CA & US

I tried to call a Dubai number but it said I needed an add-on. I thought this was it

Sorry, but the only way you're going to be able to call the UAE is to use another service.  I would suggest an online long distance company such as KeepCalling or Goldline. Apps such as Skype or Viber should also allow calling to regular phone numbers for a price. Unfortrunatly calling this destinatiuon can be quite erxpensive.  Use of an internet messaging app might be an option.

kselmak
Mayor / Maire

Sorry it will not work if country is not in the list. Best bet is either ld card or betamax service, both very affordable. Our long distance is very limited

HALIMACS
Mayor / Maire

@mammarf 

Here's the initial "more the merrier" promotion details, for your information:

https://productioncommunity.publicmobile.ca/t5/Announcements/More-is-Merrier-is-back-Free-gifts-for-...

Dunkman
Oracle
Oracle

@mammarf 

Unfortunately, Dubai is not on the list of countries that Public mobile can call long distance to.  

• International calling covers the following countries: Canada, United States, China, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, India, Italy, South Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Singapore, Spain, Thailand, United Kingdom, and Venezuela

Edit:  updated the correct long distance add on for the holiday promotion

Need Help? Let's chat.